Das Werk 1/35 Tiger ll

Andy J

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Maybe this will calm you down a tad 

Aaaah! And breath. Now, I feel so much better. I have to confess though......I have a Pz.lll M/N in the stash. The one German tank that really does appeal to me.

John.

• Like 1

So today I wanted to attach the wheels and tracks to the lower hull and I'm glad to say I've managed to fit them in place 🙂. I will be returning to do some more weathering on this part at a later date but for now I'm well pleased with my first armour efforts. Here's some pic's of the lower hull ,warning there's quite a few apologies for that 🙄

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

With that taken care of i switched my attention to the main hull and applied grey primer and some black pre shading 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And that's where I stand as of today. This update is a little photo heavy  as I mentioned above but I was just trying to cover as many angles as possible. Once again thanks for looking and I'll be back soon 🙂👍

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, StuartH said:

Brilliant work so far. Someone's used an airbrush before!

Nice one

Thanks Stuart and yes I've used an airbrush for a while now not much brush work on car builds 🙂

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Excellent stuff Andy, coming on really well!

Are you going to go the whole hog and make a base for it....?! :whistle:

K

Hadn't even thought about it Keith tbh to engrossed in the kit itself 🙄👍

• Like 1

So having finished work earlier than expected I decided to have a go at the camo scheme on the main hull. First of all I applied the basecoat over the pre shading i completed yesterday. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Then time to add the Schokobraun as the second colour 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So I'll let this dry overnight then add a gloss coat and then see about some weathering. Thanks again for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Just class mate ....pure class :goodjob:

Thanks Steve im grateful for all the comments i receive but having seen the work you produce that means a lot 🙂👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Like a duck to water. The paint job is spot on Andy.👏

Thanks Stef N, I'm enjoying myself mate something new that's got my focus 100%. Loads to learn and a subject i really have to think about before i make a move. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the car builds but it became a production line mate and I became a robot. I can safely say that for the foreseeable future it's armour for me and I can't wait 😀👍

• Like 2

That is brilliant mate, it's an approach to painting armour I wouldn't have taken but you've pulled it off, great work. 

If you were local I'd send a vew freehand paint jobs your way to be done!

Tbh never completed a car build, I've a pair of 1/43? Resin and white metal Chevette HSR somewhere part done but just can't get any enthusiasm up for them. (Mate has a HS  and wanted a model creating to go with it...)

Ps, I started out being a wingy thing modeller but never looked back once I got into armour.... 

Atb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

That is brilliant mate, it's an approach to painting armour I wouldn't have taken but you've pulled it off, great work. 

If you were local I'd send a vew freehand paint jobs your way to be done!

Tbh never completed a car build, I've a pair of 1/43? Resin and white metal Chevette HSR somewhere part done but just can't get any enthusiasm up for them. (Mate has a HS  and wanted a model creating to go with it...)

Ps, I started out being a wingy thing modeller but never looked back once I got into armour.... 

Atb

Thanks Darryl much appreciated 👍. Tbh freehand was the only way I could think of doing the camo fortunately it worked out. The reason I'm enjoying the armour so much is all the different ways and methods for achieving the required finish. It's a learning curve but boy I'm loving every challenge so far. Obviously I enjoy the banter on here and there's so much quality work going on, every where I look there's someone creating something special. I've landed in a good place mate and I'm staying put 🙂👍

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SimonT said:

Excellent paint job, come on, hurry up and get the turret on too!

Thanks Simon, the turret shouldn't be too far away now mate but I want to get the main hull fixed in position first so I can line the turret up so that the brown camo pattern follows through correctly. It means adding the brown colour with the turret in position but I think it's the best way to do it 🙂👍

46 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Beautiful paint work, it looks really impressive, Brilliant!!

Ed

Thanks Ed I appreciate your comment 👍 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StuartH said:

That is very, very good. You've achieved a nice solid even colour with the brown areas without any runs or signs of overspraying....nice soft edges yet well defined. Very impressed 👏

Thanks Stuart, the soft edges are important to me to avoid any steps in the paint work and I'm happy with the results 🙂👍