Das Werk 1/35 Tiger ll

Andy J

2 hours ago, M3talpig said:

They sir are spot on ...but moreover if they brought a smile to your face then you know you did them rightΒ :goodjob:

Thanks Steve and the further i get with the build the more I find myself smiling πŸ˜‰

2 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Not having to worry about dust getting in on your pristine gloss coat must be a nice feeling.

Amazingly I may well add dirt and dust to this build if I can bring myself to actually do it πŸ€£πŸ‘

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Those where the days, go faster stripes, now why doesn't the youfΒ of today do that....

Β 

Here you go Darryl my Ford Cortina from many moons ago complete with go faster stripes and chrome wheels πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

Not the best pic but I think you get the idea πŸ˜‰Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Those were the days,Β a mk5 Cortina, those aren't chromed Wellers are they?

Takes me back....

They are indeed with firestone tyres cost a fortune but so worth it at the time πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

They are indeed with firestone tyres cost a fortune but so worth it at the time πŸ™‚πŸ‘

With Firestones, someone pushed the boat out, most of those Wellers came in white...

Those and Wolfrace slot mags...very much of there time...

1 minute ago, Jasper dog said:

With Firestones, someone pushed the boat out, most of those Wellers came in white...

Those and Wolfrace slot mags...very much of there time...

Happy days indeed mate, loved every minute πŸ™‚πŸ‘

As you will probably have noticed I've been enjoying this build since the very start until today.................now I'm absolutely delighted with the build as for the first time i can actually begin to see the bigger picture πŸ™‚. I seem to have achieved such a lot in one session and I almost decided to build up all the parts for the lower hull. However I decided to wait until tomorrow and let all the various paint, varnish, washes etc have time to dry properly. The gloss and matt lucky varnish performed flawlessly big thanks to @M3talpigΒ for suggesting them to me πŸ‘. Here's a few pic's of progress after applying the camo scheme and gloss coatΒ 

Β 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Β 

And the following pic's show my progress after some more weathering and the matt varnish coatΒ 

Β 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Β 

And that's where I'm at with the build as of today. Tomorrow should see wheels and tracks in place and a completed lower hull πŸ™‚πŸ‘. Thanks for looking back soon πŸ™‚

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Looking Verr nice, Andy....

Β 

Needs more mud ;)

This would have been the winter months of β€˜44 and β€˜45.Β 

Thanks Lee, mud will be applied eventually just haven't got round to it yet. I think some of the weathering will be left until i have the whole tank put together tbh I'm just plodding along learning as I go but thoroughly enjoying myself πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Tidy, very tidy....!!

Thanks Keith, a little too tidy atm but that will change as I move forward πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Well Andy i don't know what to say that hasn't already been said but really that is coming along beautifully ...... considering this is your first piece of armour you are genuinely putting in the effort and reaping the rewards...such a pleasure to see this come togetherΒ .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Well Andy i don't know what to say that hasn't already been said but really that is coming along beautifully ...... considering this is your first piece of armour you are genuinely putting in the effort and reaping the rewards...such a pleasure to see this come togetherΒ .

Thanks Steve, I've learnt a lot today such as the ammo paint sprays beautifully when thinned with leveling thinner, the lucky varnish is simple to use and works perfectly and the smallest details sometimes make all the difference. My camo lines need work a bit to straight and wide in places but I'll work on it as I move along. Main thing is I'm having a great time i even managed one of those silly dances around the bench today the one's you do subconsciously when life's good πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Cracking work Andy, looking super fellaΒ :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment im very happy with progress so far πŸ˜€ πŸ‘

6 hours ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Steve, I've learnt a lot today such as the ammo paint sprays beautifully when thinned with leveling thinner, the lucky varnish is simple to use and works perfectly and the smallest details sometimes make all the difference. My camo lines need work a bit to straight and wide in places but I'll work on it as I move along. Main thing is I'm having a great time i even managed one of those silly dances around the bench today the one's you do subconsciously when life's good πŸ™‚πŸ‘

Β 

Your camo stripes look fine for this vehicle.Β 
Β 

Great job so far !!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Really nice work, clearly no stranger to an airbrush!

Great finish on the tracks too btw

Β 

Great job.

Β 

Β 

Thanks Darryl much appreciated. The tracks were a strange one for me but I'm happy with them for now. I think i may re visit them once they are in place and maybe add one or two effects though exactly what I'm not sure atm πŸ€”Β 

2 hours ago, SimonT said:

Excellent camo work. I especially like what you achieved with the wheels and hubs, lots of depth.Β :like:

Thanks Simon, maybe a bit over detailed for tank wheels? πŸ€”

44 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

That's looking like real class work Andy. I'm even tempted to build something Germ..........No! Stop i!Β Get thee behind me Satan!

Β 

John.

Calm down John im new on here you'll get me a bad reputation 😁. Maybe this will calm you down a tad 

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

I have this in the stash for a future build though I must admit the rest of my modest stash are all Ger.........err not allied tanks πŸ™‚. Thanks for the comment John much appreciated πŸ‘Β 

• Haha 3