1/48th Airfix Walrus Mk.I, 715 Flight, HMS Cumberland, 1937 mounted on Neomega resin/whitemetal/etched catapult section.

1 hour ago, Buzby061 said:

Fabulous Shagbat, never seen one presented like this.

Pete

Thanks Pete,....... something a bit different mate. 

1 hour ago, Retired Bob said:

Superb Walrus, you absolutely nailed it, top-notch modelling. :worthy:

Thanks Bob,.... very kind of you. 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Well, Tony. I think you have surpassed yourself with this one. Outstanding!!

Cheers Vinnie,...... glad you like it, cheers mate.

• Like 1

Very inspiring, so much so that I have dragged my one (that I bought from Julien a couple of years back) out of the stash and have got it sitting at the top of the 'to do' pile. I might even invest in the Neomega catapult too. Thanks for sharing.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Lovely work as usual, Tony -

Greatly displayed on the catapult mount too

Welcome to biplane modelling!

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rodenlee said:

An outstanding Job Tony- Your Walrus looks beautiful...and that rigging!!

Thanks, ..... glad you like it,..... oh I hate rigging! 

5 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Very inspiring, so much so that I have dragged my one (that I bought from Julien a couple of years back) out of the stash and have got it sitting at the top of the 'to do' pile. I might even invest in the Neomega catapult too. Thanks for sharing.

Duncan B

Cheers Duncan,........ glad to have rekindled your interest,....it is a lovely kit. The catapult is very nice,...... after cleaning up I had it assembled in one evening, so it isn`t so bad, if you can afford it. I was feeling a bit flush at the time as I`d sold some kits on e bay,....... and have hidden the bill from the missus!

4 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

"Tower of Power!"    That is most impressive Tony. :clap2:  What a great looking model and a great presentation as well! :worthy:  It's just so cool. 🍻

Wow thank very much Gary,........ so glad you like it. I just need to build the rest of the ship now LOL!!

4 hours ago, dogsbody said:

A most excellent build. Mounting it on the catapult a great idea. Beauty!

Chris

Thanks Chris,...... as soon as I saw the catapult for sale I just had to mount the Walrus on it,....... so hang the expense! I would like to put a Hurricat on their other catapult for the CAM Ship,..... but cannot stretch to that as well.

2 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Lovely work as usual, Tony -

Greatly displayed on the catapult mount too

Welcome to biplane modelling!

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave,...... glad you like it, I`ve built quite a few biplanes over the years but I don`t think I will ever enjoy rigging them,..... the devils own job! I`d love to build an Fe.2b one day but the rigging is totally beyond me.

Cheers again everybody,

Tony 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Celestialsphere said:

Beautiful model. It’s great you got it over the line.

This is an instructional film on Youtube that explains the launch process.

Cheers  Andrew

Thanks Andrew,...... yeah I have the film on DVD and used it for reference and inspiration.......... still amaed how those lads with the flags don`t duck when the wing goes over their heads!!

excellent rendition Tony, love how she is poised, ready for action. I had the CA kit but could never muster courage to build it and sold it a few years ago looking at doing something with the Smer kit. Luckily Airfix brought out theirs and thats in the stash waiting now!

On 10/8/2020 at 11:49 AM, tonyot said:

still amaed how those lads with the flags don`t duck when the wing goes over their heads!!

Or they guy that forgets to strap in and has to hang on, showing how powerful those cats were!

Bob

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Another very impressive project! Looks very cool!

:worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix,..... glad you like it mate.

6 hours ago, moaning dolphin said:

excellent rendition Tony, love how she is poised, ready for action. I had the CA kit but could never muster courage to build it and sold it a few years ago looking at doing something with the Smer kit. Luckily Airfix brought out theirs and thats in the stash waiting now!

Or they guy that forgets to strap in and has to hang on, showing how powerful those cats were!

Bob

Thanks Bob,..... yeah that CA Walrus was rather tough but still welcome at the time. You could have maybe used the Smer struts,...... but then the Airfix kit is brilliant. 

Yeah the bloke falling out of the cockpit,...... would you hang on on fall off into the sea,..... both seem terrifying!! In those days the Obervers and TAG`s were held in by an unbilical cord which they attached to a ring bolt in the floor,...... he obvously forgot to attach it!

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 2

Exquisite work, Tony! One of your best, I think. I love the idea of posing it on the catapult.   👍

But I'm with you - I hate rigging! It's what keeps stopping me from building the Helldiver biplane that's setting on my bench.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

That's a really great Walrus, Tony!

It's an especial touch that it's a China Station machine, that was always a strange posting. An odd patch of 'air control' suppressing piracy, that got very dicey during 1937.

Wish Airfix would do this in 1/72. Even just re-issue the old tool. Thought that kit was a wonder back as a kid.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 5:14 AM, bertielissie said:

Well your "epithany" really paid dividends. Outstanding work!!!!

Thanks mate,..... yeah glad I booted myself up the posterior at last!

10 hours ago, Quiet Mike said:

What an amazing build! It looks perfect on the catapault.

Thanks Mike,..... yours looks rather nice too, good kit the old Matchbox Shagbat.

10 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

Cracking work Chap.

Thanks mate. 

9 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Exquisite work, Tony! One of your best, I think. I love the idea of posing it on the catapult.   👍

But I'm with you - I hate rigging! It's what keeps stopping me from building the Helldiver biplane that's setting on my bench.

Cheers,

Bill

Cheers Bill,... nice of you to say so. I do hope that you are feeling well mate? 

8 hours ago, Old Man said:

That's a really great Walrus, Tony!

It's an especial touch that it's a China Station machine, that was always a strange posting. An odd patch of 'air control' suppressing piracy, that got very dicey during 1937.

Wish Airfix would do this in 1/72. Even just re-issue the old tool. Thought that kit was a wonder back as a kid.

Thanks mate,... yeah could get dicey out on the China Station with those pirates,...... the Fleet Air Arm were still policing them with Barracuda`s and Fireflies after the war! The old Matchbox kit is nice in 1/72nd,.....no interior mind you,..... but this Airfix kit would be superb in 1/72nd,.... we can but hope.

Cheers all

Tony