1/48 Revell F-14 (Top Gun)

This is my build of Revell's 1/48 Maverick's F-14 from Top Gun. It's my first real crack at a jet fighter, and although it was expected, it was a nightmare to put together. Painted with Tamiya AS paints and weathered with oils and acrylic paint.

50423538182_faa066f6ce_c.jpgRevell 1/48 Maverick's F-14 (Top Gun) by tfcrafter1, on Flickr

50422678603_2a69b374bb_c.jpgRevell 1/48 Maverick's F-14 (Top Gun) by tfcrafter1, on Flickr

50422678438_962abca2c6_c.jpgRevell 1/48 Maverick's F-14 (Top Gun) by tfcrafter1, on Flickr

Revell 1/48 Maverick's F-14 (Top Gun)

• Like 38

Looks great to me! 😀 You did a fantastic job on that model! :clap2:  I have the Monogram F-14A in 1/48 and a Revell F-14 in the "Hunt for Red October" packaging.  I've never known if the two were essentially the same kit.   Is this one another version still of the same kit?    At any rate, she's a beauty and I appreciate that you shared her with us here.  

• Like 1

Wow.   I remember the original boxing of that kit on the store shelves 3 (4???) decades ago.   I've built at least 3 versions of models from that kit and struggled with the fit on the forward fuselage every time.   

You persevered and applied a very convincing finish faithful to iconic movie image.   Well done, Sir!  👏  

• Like 1

"Highway to the danger zone"

Awesome work, I can almost see it in a flat spin heading out to sea......................

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Looks great to me! 😀 You did a fantastic job on that model! :clap2:  I have the Monogram F-14A in 1/48 and a Revell F-14 in the "Hunt for Red October" packaging.  I've never known if the two were essentially the same kit.   Is this one another version still of the same kit?    At any rate, she's a beauty and I appreciate that you shared her with us here.  

Thanks! This is the same as Revell's previous F-14A, just with new decals. There are no new parts in this kit. However it does include the chin pod from the F-14B (my model was actually missing those parts but replacements from Revell arrived yesterday). I'm not sure if it's the same as the Hunt for the Red October F-14 but it's the same as the Monogram F-14A.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...