AC-47 in SEA scheme

Murph

Does anybody know of a source for the T.O 1-1-4 drawing of the AC-47 in the day (light gray lower surfaces) SEA scheme?  I have the 1964 and 1978 versions, neither of which has it.

Regards,

Murph

A drawing for the C-47, with light grey undersurfaces, is included in the 1986 revision. I'd have expected for it to be in the 1978 revision too, but if it's not included I can post it here.

The drawing is for the transport, not specific for the gunship (that I'd expect to have been retired by then) but the pattern looks to be the same.

However I have vague memories that the light grey undersurfaces were only used on the first AC-47, and as such may not have been painted in that exact pattern

On 10/5/2020 at 3:55 PM, Giorgio N said:

However I have vague memories that the light grey undersurfaces were only used on the first AC-47, and as such may not have been painted in that exact pattern

Like some other usually 'black-bellied' special operations types their US based training and conversion units often had examples with grey undersides instead as in the case of at  least some of the AC-47 flown by the 4412 CCTS ('IG' tail code) which trained 'Spooky' crews at England AFB.