MAZ vehicle family interior green

MickE

Hi all

Does any have a recommendation which paint to use for the interior green used in the MAZ family of vehicles?

I have pictures of MAZ interiors and have bought Vallejo's 71.009 Eau De Nil but it doesn't quite look right.

Mick

Ok I am building Trumpeter's SA-10 ((S300PMU) Grumble kit and the TEL is a MAZ 7910. The system was first deployed in 1979. 

I can't find any interior pictures of a 7910 so was assuming that they were light green as the pictures of MAZ TELS I have found were all that colour inside.

I think it unlikely that a totally consistent colour was used, noting the wide variation of external colours noted on Soviet vehicles of the era.  There is a picture of a park of BTR-60s that comes up from time to time which seems to show every possible shade of green our eyes can discern!  That MAZ chassis was produced for many years in many batches for different applications.

Not being entirely sure what colour you're aiming for and realising that our respective eyes and monitors may see and display things differently, have you looked at any of the following?  These are just likely-looking colours I found rummaging my paint stash, and cover a range of shades.

• Tamiya Sky XF21
  • Humbrol Cockpit Green 78 (probably too dark)
  • Humbrol Beige Green 90
  • Agama Grey Green Iz5
  • Lifecolor RAF Sky UA550
  • Lifecolor RAF Grey Green UA551

Thanks Das Abteilung

As you say, the colour can appear different depending on different monitors and also the quality of the camera that took the pictures.

I will look at the colours you have suggested and will see if they match what I am seeing with my eyes and monitor.

Mick

• 1 month later...