Tim's Hasegawa Panther G - COMPLETED

Joining the battle with this Hasegawa kit.  Costing me £8 at RIAT Fairford 2019.

Hasegaw-Panther.jpg

For which I have this reference.

Haynes-Panther.jpg

I've just checked, there's not much in the way of colour guidance in the kit,

so I'm going for a Normandy look.

• Like 6

I built a different boxing of this this kit back in the 90's as a kid (looks like you managed to get the original 1970 release!), I remember it being pretty good kit with no major issues. Painting it was my first time using an airbrush, in my inexperience the paint wasn't thinned & I sprayed it on to thick, which ruined the model & I ended up binning it 😅 I look forward to finally seeing one properly built.

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 1

I'm going to leave this now until my Martlet is completed, - but in the meantime here are my other 1/72 armour subjects.

Airfix Stug III

Airfix-Stug-C1.jpg

Hasegawa Panzer IV

Hasegawa-Panzer4-1.jpg

Matchbox JagdPanzer IV

Matchbx-Jagdpanzer.jpg

Airfix Flak 88

Airfix-88mm-firing-P.jpg

And SdKfz7 tractor

Airfix-Sd-Kfz7-FP.jpg

And my Airfix Tiger.

Airfix-Tiger-FS.jpg

Which might offer a clue about my preferred scheme . . .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nicely done Tim thanks for joining us here in the tracked asyl.... Er group build. 

Thanks ,  that's my tread-head contribution for 2020,  and there's no more where that one came from.

BUT I will be looking for a cheap 1/72 Jagdpanther when model shows resume.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just acquired the Hasegawa Panther G. There's a lump of plastic at the underside front of the hull overhanging the track run both sides. It doesn't seem to correspond with anything I've seen on a real panther. Is this something only fitted occasionally in the wild or is it Hasegawa addition to ensure the track shape? The bit in question shows in the sprue shot posted October 10, 2020 in this WIP. To my mind it would catch and block the track movement on any real AFV. Should I take it off?

9 hours ago, echen said:

Just acquired the Hasegawa Panther G. There's a lump of plastic at the underside front of the hull overhanging the track run both sides. It doesn't seem to correspond with anything I've seen on a real panther. Is this something only fitted occasionally in the wild or is it Hasegawa addition to ensure the track shape? The bit in question shows in the sprue shot posted October 10, 2020 in this WIP. To my mind it would catch and block the track movement on any real AFV. Should I take it off?

I believe its a Hasegawa addition to hold the tracks shape to the road wheels. Otherwise they’d be floating in space. 

• Thanks 1