Ford trimotor, a corrugated wonder - Modified Airfix 1/72nd

Exquisite model, gorgeous photography! But I think the lady needs a step stool to help her enter the cabin, and the well-dressed gentleman seems somewhat impatient to get going. Or maybe he badly needs to use the on-board restroom before takeoff?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Exquisite model, gorgeous photography! But I think the lady needs a step stool to help her enter the cabin, and the well-dressed gentleman seems somewhat impatient to get going. Or maybe he badly needs to use the on-board restroom before takeoff?

Thanks Michael.

The plane already has a step (see last photo).

The gentleman in a hurry is Carlos Gardel, he wants to squirrel away from fate.

1 minute ago, janneman36 said:

Simply love it Moa🏆🏆🏆

cheers, Jan

Thanks, Jan!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moa said:

The plane already has a step (see last photo).

The gentleman in a hurry is Carlos Gardel, he wants to squirrel away from fate.

Yes, I see the step now. It was partially obscured in some pix and I took it for another antenna of some sort.

So Carlos is already doing the tango. I thought he might appear to be dancing for another reason, hence my restroom reference.

• Haha 3

Lovely photos but when do we get to see the model....? 

Seriously, that is absolutely wonderful. Exquisite modelling and stunning photography.  I can almost hear the three radials firing up!

Dave G

• Haha 1

Moa, every time I see one of your models I'm all the more amazed. Beautifully rendered, just as beautifully displayed and photographed. My awe is in awe!

• Haha 2

Absolutely stunning as usual. I always liked the Trimotor. As a testimony to its ruggedness two of them provides flights at the EAA at Oshkhosh. Non stop for a week. It's the only place in the world where you can look up and see a Ford Trimotor and say 'Just another Trimotor'. You can also say the same about an overflying B17. But not the U2 which suddenly appeared.

Great work Moa. Always look forward to your contributions.

• Like 2

Excelent, Moa. My first impression when I saw the first picture rapidly was that you posted a real plane photo as a reference for the rest of us, simple mortals. Afterwards, I realized it was your model, and that the character in hurry was “El Zorzal”. 
Congratulatios on a beautiful recreation. 

• Thanks 1

Super duper! The corrugated leading edges turned out great. I’ll borrow your technique whenever I get up the mojo to do another Trimotor. 

(I would say more, but you’ve been posting so many excellent builds recently that I’ve run out of superlatives. I had to dig deep to come up with “super duper” 😉 )

• Haha 1

I almost thought the first picture was of the real aircraft. That is a true testimony to your modelling skills!

Edited by Mike
Removing the biggest unnecessary photo-quote ever - please reply at the bottom of the page or use @MEMBERNAME to call attention to the member.
  • Thanks 1

What a breathtaking model 👏    It's been a roller coaster ride to follow Moa!  So glad it didn't crash and burn! Well done for seeing it through and producing an absolute stunner.

13essay-slide-F8Y0-superJumbo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1