F-104G Starfighter Revell 1/144, Manching AB, 1985

Revell´s 1/144 are nice kits for me to tackle between bigger projects, and I end up anyway having lots of work trying to make them look realistic at such a small scale.  Revell´s 1/144 F-104G is really beautiful, accurate as far as I can see, and with enough detail to assemble a very nice model OOB.  The kit represents one of the last Luftwaffe´s operative F-104G, 26+53, from WTB61, based at Manching.  The kit was assembled basically out the box, adding only minor things like ejection handles and seatbelts for the ejection seat, landing lights inside the wheel well doors, surgical needle pitot tuve, and I sanded thinner all the wheel well doors for a more down to scale appearance.  I followed painting indications as per the instructions (except the orange/aluminum wing tanks... didn´t like those so I chose the more standard camo tanks), and am amazed by the quality of the decals, I wish all kits would have similar quality.  I hope you like this tiny new piece of my collection.

VPIPwQVl.jpg

mkoqzWUl.jpg

G8dq484l.jpg

Tiny red position light, made of sprue, painted Tamiya clear red.

ceGlICPl.jpg

All the wheel well doors were sanded thin to a more to-scale appearance.

aD5eo6Nl.jpg

Decals were incredible good!

UI74zLgl.jpg

ePsvgocl.jpg

Marco

• Like 32

I really do miss the F-104, used to love sitting at RAF Lakenheath waiting for any weekend visitors on a Friday and two of these would pop in from Italy. Unmistakable sound of the engines as they came into the circuit overhead. What a beast!

Love your model and if you hadn't of said I would no way think that was 1/144 scale.

Marc

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarcNewitt said:

I really do miss the F-104, used to love sitting at RAF Lakenheath waiting for any weekend visitors on a Friday and two of these would pop in from Italy. Unmistakable sound of the engines as they came into the circuit overhead. What a beast!

Love your model and if you hadn't of said I would no way think that was 1/144 scale.

Marc

I never had the chance to see one "live", a pity, only seen some in Museums.  Great experience you had!  And thank you for your comments about my Starfighter!

Marco

On 10/4/2020 at 4:51 PM, RCI said:

awesome job! isnt that F-16 and F-15 also from you?

Thanks and Nope, but let me have a look, always a chance to learn!

Marco

21 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Great work on the little kit, excellent modelling !

Wulfman

ah funny, cause on arcforums there is also a Marco doing incredible work on a F16 and F15...

funny...anyways. keep on doing that great work! nice to see some additional work on the revell kit

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Lovely build in the best scale.

I really like the base too, is this home made?

Thanks, Tim.  Yes, it is home made: pine wood base from an art store, tainted and varnished, tarmac made from Faller’s putty painted to simulate concrete, and home-printed Manching badge.

marco

Edited by Marco1965
  • Like 1