Takom Chieftain Mk 11 1/35

For those of you following my WiP, time for the big reveal.  The kit was constructed near enough OOTB, apart from adding lens to the side lights.  Really enjoyable build apart from slightly more flash than I normal expect from Takom and a slight warp on the lower hull.  Paints are Mig; NATO Green with a few drops of Oily Ochre to lighten (cheers Darryl @Jasper dog) and black with a few drops of white.  

y4mXufh3ie2zM9tVKAebRNB2BQF4o_MmvE6z4z2g

y4mUi42WIZ_BiEFouVpRoWuKsotoK7nZrqwK6jEd

y4mlDRNZtdAW_eu0BNSbET20CQr9UknfljoTuyt7

y4mK5DUxqxlsQxoCTMEMzXjorud4S515FvleepvZ

y4m2azpmLzM2iw15pm3Mq2Z2QlejVMepWsKkzTSV

The WiP is here: 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good grief! Here's another one who works like greased lightning. Start to finish......22 days!!

OK, I want to see that Mk.10, trundling across the parade ground in Berlin, in full Berlin Brigade cammo, by next weekend. On your marks................

Lovely job on the Mk.11 by the way. It looks superb.

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Good grief! Here's another one who works like greased lightning. Start to finish......22 days!!

OK, I want to see that Mk.10, trundling across the parade ground in Berlin, in full Berlin Brigade cammo, by next weekend. On your marks................

Lovely job on the Mk.11 by the way. It looks superb.

John.

Cheers John, I think it will be the Conqueror next, then the Mk 10.  It's basically the same kit less the TOGS and I want something different between.  It's either that or...the kit that must not be named.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Big_Bad_Bill said:

Cheers John, I think it will be the Conqueror next, then the Mk 10.  It's basically the same kit less the TOGS and I want something different between.  It's either that or...the kit that must not be named.

Bill

Not the kit with no name ... resist :frantic:

Very nice build on the MK11 fella, nailed the “Paint  Green Olive IRR brushing for the use of ! “

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Nicely turned out. I did one recently, builds well if a little over engineered in places.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I must admit I wasn't left with the impression of it being over engineered.  Can you remember where? The side of the turret being separate was fidally but you can understand as it allows them to do different marks from a common collection of sprues.

2 hours ago, Longbow said:

That came out looking real nice !! 

Can't beat that black on green camo.

It is iconic.  When I hear tank this is what I picture. But then when I hear rifle I think of a SLR, despite carrying a SA80 for the last thirty odd years. 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big_Bad_Bill said:

Thanks Pete. I must admit I wasn't left with the impression of it being over engineered.  Can you remember where? The side of the turret being separate was fidally but you can understand as it allows them to do different marks from a common collection of sprues.

I thought the road wheels were a bit of overkill. I agree with your comments about the turret though.

As an aside, I know an ex Chieftain guy who said he rarely saw a clean one!

Pete

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

I thought the road wheels were a bit of overkill. I agree with your comments about the turret though.

As an aside, I know an ex Chieftain guy who said he rarely saw a clean one!

Pete

I'm with you but it's the only way to get the rings around the rims that people complain about if their not.

• Like 1