Messerschmitt Me410 1/48 Revell/Promodeller

An old kit, but still nice. The clear parts of the cockpit gave me hard fight, the rest of the build was pleasant. PE from Eduard, decals from both boxings, aircraft from Stab ZG26 1944.

I used an old set of Ez masks which caused some problems. Still in the end I am pleased with the result:spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Please comment!

Volker

• Like 32

Excellent Volker :)  

Can I ask what were the problems with the cockpit clear parts?  I've got the same kit to build and I'd be interested to know...

• Like 2

So well done Volker! 🍻  That's a real beauty of a model sir!   The weathering and paint work look great. :clap2:

Can you please elaborate regarding the issues you had with EZ masks here?   I have this same kit and also a set of EZ masks for it, and would like to avoid problems with those if possible.  I've used several sets of EZ masks before with varying degrees of success.   So, I'm naturally curious about others' experiences with them.  Thanks! 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Werdna said:

Excellent Volker :)  

Can I ask what were the problems with the cockpit clear parts?  I've got the same kit to build and I'd be interested to know...

I could not get the rear part to fit. The front is without any problems, but I had to use filler to cover a step between the rear part and the fuselage. It is visible in the fotos . . . .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

So well done Volker! 🍻  That's a real beauty of a model sir!   The weathering and paint work look great. :clap2:

Can you please elaborate regarding the issues you had with EZ masks here?   I have this same kit and also a set of EZ masks for it, and would like to avoid problems with those if possible.  I've used several sets of EZ masks before with varying degrees of success.   So, I'm naturally curious about others' experiences with them.  Thanks! 😀

The masks fit well, but they do not stick very well, maybe due to age. They lifted a bit and the paint got under them. Have a close look at the front and rear windows in the third foto.

• Like 1

Nicely done. Love the paint job. I still think Revell/Promodeller Me410 is a very good kit even by current standard. Meng isn't that much an improvement. 
The only thing keeping me from finishing mine is the canopy.

Nanond

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nanond said:

Nicely done. Love the paint job. I still think Revell/Promodeller Me410 is a very good kit even by current standard. Meng isn't that much an improvement. 
The only thing keeping me from finishing mine is the canopy.

Nanond

I was working on the canopy for hours, first on the masking, then on the fit. Finally I came to a point where I just finished it. I can see the flaws in fit and painting of the canopy, but I can live with it. I am sure yours will come out perfect.

Volker