Lakenheath F-15’s in 1/32

Wafu

Hi all. 

A question for the Eagle guys on here. 

I’d like to model my Tamiya 1/32 F-15’s in markings of the Lakenheath based squadrons. That’s all well and good but I can’t seem to find any decal options to allow this, can anyone help me with advice on achieving this?

I’ve asked Daco to reprint the 1/32 decal sheet but I can’t see this happening this side of my lifetime, so it’s down to you eagle experts to advise me.

Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of additional options that may be easier to find than the Astra/DACO sheet.  One is the kit decals from the "Bunker Buster" updated release of Tamiya's kit (depending on era you're representing there are several detail additions/changes you'll need to make to accurately represent the Lakenheath airframes).

Second option is this sheet from Eagle Strike:

Eagle Strike 32016 Kosovo Eagles

And of course finding usable spares from any of the above may be easier than snagging one in pristine condition.

I highly recommend the recently released Two Bobs sheet 32-070 F-15E Maximum Effort Eagles.

All aircraft are Lakenheath Based Strike Eagles that took part in operations against ISIS in 2018. All aircraft have nose art and mission markings. 

The research is up up to the usual Two Bobs standard and there is even a nice touch of a map of England. Near the tail with a stencil saying it was painted at RAF Lakenheath and has details of the paint used.

I think some work will need to be done to bring the Tamiya kit up to date. I can recommend the Jake Melampy book for this but it is expensive.

Only problem I have now is to decide which one to do....

hope this helps,

Mark

Cheers Mark and CT, 

I’ve looked for the Eagle Strike decals over the weekend, no joy. Even the two bobs ones are out of stock at that Hannants place.

I can get them direct but I’ll have to keep looking for C decals.

3 hours ago, Julien said:

I know someone who used the Two Bobs and said they were the wrong size when they went on the model :( 

Hi @Julien

Was that specifically the Maximum Effort Eagles sheet I have or a different one?

Also was it the whole sheet that was the wrong size or just specific markings?

Cheers,

Mark

33 minutes ago, FZ6 said:

Hi @Julien

Was that specifically the Maximum Effort Eagles sheet I have or a different one?

Also was it the whole sheet that was the wrong size or just specific markings?

Cheers,

Mark

Specifically the tail codes

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the heads up Julien,

I’ll look into it. Making some correctly sized LN masks shouldn’t be too much of a problem for me if that’s the case. The tail serial numbers should also be doable in 1:32 as well on my silhouette cameo thankfully.