Heller 1/24 Citroen 15 CV (80763) (Ex-763) + + Finished + +

davecov

Thanks lads. 👍

Quite a bit done today.

I brush-painted the wheel hubs with H7 Gloss Light Buff and once dry started to assemble the wheels:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_041.JP

Wheels complete with hub caps which were slightly on the small side, possibly down to me being too enthusiastic when I sanded them. Tyres need a little weathering before fitting:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_042.JP

The engine was glued to the front suspension:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_043.JP

The suspension plus engine was glued to the mounting points inside the engine compartment. I still need to add a few parts to the engine and matt varnish some of the suspension and engine compartment:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_044.JP

Turning to the interior, I brush-painted the seats, carpets and door panels with H27 Matt Sea Grey. They will need another coat:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_045.JP

That's all for now.

Dave

• Like 8

A bit more progress to report.

I discovered that a wiper blade was missing so a new one was made:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_046.JP

The interior got a second coat of H27 Matt Sea Grey:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_047.JP

The legs of the front seats were fitted to the floor:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_048.JP

The seats were then fitted in place without the need for glue:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_049.JP

The bodyshell received a bit of damage to the roof so it got a further coat of H21 Gloss Black. I must try and look after it from now on:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_050.JP

BTW, progress on my other classic French model (the Airfix 1/32 Renault Dauphine) has been really good and it shouldn't be long before it's finished:
Renault_Dauphine_32_2020_GB_031.JPG

That's all for now.

Dave

• Like 10

Hi Dave

Really enjoying following this build.

Did you enjoy your trip to the west highlands and pop over the bridge to Skye while you were up there ?

Great roads for a classic car if you have one.

Cheers Pat

Hi Pat,

Glad you are enjoying the build.

We popped over to Skye on two consecutive days, once to Armadale to visit the Museum of the Isles and the castle ruins and the other day we went to Broadford. It was the fifth time I have been to Skye, the last being for a week in 2017 when I stayed up near Portree. The weather was good most of my holiday and we even managed a picnic outdoors at Armadale Castle. We also went to Plockton and to Balcamara.

I am afraid that my Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport isn't a classic by any means but it was still good to be on the roads of Skye again. It was the last long trip for the car and I have already ordered it's replacement which I get in at the end of the year.

Dave

• Like 2

And so the madness continues....

The fitting of the front wheel arches was really difficult due to the lack of any locating pins but I got there in the end. If I was making another one, I would fit them much earlier in the construction before any painting despite what the instructions may say:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_051.JP

The handles were glued on the bonnet halves:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_052.JP

Handles were also fitted to the doors along with chrome strips and chrome plates fitted to the wheel arches:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_053.JP

The rear of the car. The rear window has been fitted along with the other bits and bobs. Only the bumper needs fitting but that will be left until after the bodyshell and chassis have been joined:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_054.JP

That's all for now.

Dave

• Like 7

Another update as I get closer to the finishing line.

One of the most frustrating periods during this build starts here. Getting the windows to sit in place has proved to be challenging as there is very little surface to apply glue:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_055.JP

Things got worse when trying to fit the panels to the bodyshell as the panels refused to sit flush around the windows, even with careful clamping:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_056.JP

I got there in the end though and I was then able to fit the rear seat backrest and the dash:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_057.JP

The windscreen was carefully fitted too:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_058.JP

I will be leaving the bodyshell alone for a while to allow the glue to harden before I tackle the joining of bodyshell with chassis.

That's all for now.

Dave

• Like 9

Thanks lads. 👍

And the finishing line gets nearer.

Fixing the chassis to the bodyshell was a real problem. In the process of clamping I knocked off the right hand mudguard. As you can see there was a big gap between body and chassis.
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_059.JP

A bit of gentle pressure was enough to get the body closer to the chassis but in doing so, the windscreen popped out. I then fixed the right hand mudguard, wheels and radiator. The left hand bonnet has been glued to the central "hinge" but is currently dry-fitted as is the grille:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_060.JP

At the back, the bumper has been attached and this end is finished:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_062.JP

A view from the front again showing how little there is to do. Since taking the photo I have applied a black wash over the engine. The front bumper, grille and windscreen still need glueing and then it will be a case of cleaning up the bodyshell as my mucky paws have left their mark:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_061.JP

That's all for now.

Dave

• Like 6

Thanks Adrian.

Another Laurel & Hardy moment when I was glueing the grille - the right hand mudguard fell off! This build is a bit like a circus car where bits fly off:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_063.JP

I glued the mudguard back on and fitted the front bumper. The bonnet halves have been glued together but they are only dry-fitted to the body. The windscreen has been put back in and it is almost finished with only the wipers to fit. Final thing will be to clean the bodywork:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_064.JP

That's all for now.

Dave

• Like 4

Thank you Jorgen.

Luckily, I can report no more parts falling off!

The last bit of glueing was to fit the wipers and admire the dust! I still had to mask the front right mudguard join and give that a spray of gloss black:
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_065.JP

After dusting, cleaning with soapy water and a light buffing, it was time to say "finished":
Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_066.JP

Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_067.JP

Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_068.JP

Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_069.JP

Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_070.JP

Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_071.JP

That concludes my first ever Britmodeller Group Build. Thanks for accompanying me!

Dave

• Like 8

Thanks Heather 👍

I always thought that the gloss black was a bit too shiny and I was going to spray it with semi-matt varnish. In the end, it didn't look quite so shiny anymore so I left it. Knowing my luck, if I had sprayed it, the mudguards would have fallen off again!

Dave

• Haha 2

Are you using Google Chrome? If so, that will be the reason why you can't see my pictures. Unfortunately, in the past few days Google Chrome decided that my domain http://www.davecov.net is unsafe and won't show my pictures. They do show up in all other browsers or by using the mobile/tablet app.

Dave

UPDATE: My images have now been moved to a new domain (https://www.davecov.org) and so the images should be seen okay.

Thanks lads.

You know you want to, Adrian, so go for it. Here is one more photo alongside my Heller Bugatti to tempt you:

Heller_24_Citroen_CV15_2020_BM_GB_073.JP

Dave

• Like 4