Help and not sure if this the correct location for question

Tony Lynn

Hi All - Been away from the Hobby for over 30 years and needed something to help me through the current global situation. I brought the Ryefield Kit Sherman - Easy Eight (kit number 5028) - wow what a kit and I thought the old Tamyia kits were good. But I have a problem I have lost one of the hatches - pulled the room apart to find it but to no avail - Anyone got any ideas what I can do - I did contact Ryefield but have heard nothing back. Thank you in advance - I have picture but no sure how to upload

Easy Eight Turret - missing Hatch

Edited by Tony Lynn

I would get in touch with the UK distribution agent, not sure who it is but normally 

they pop a label on the box with contact details. That would be my first port of call in getting spares. Failing getting a replacement then look at some of the aftermarket companies or scratch building one. 

One of the membership here might have a spare? 

36 minutes ago, Tony Lynn said:

Anyone got any ideas what I can do

Well, when you get to 100 posts, you can use the wanted section and ask.

Some of our Sherman-holics may see this and they could recommend another Sherman kit with suitable spares, (can one Sherman ever be enough?)   as I'm sure there are kits that have optional turrets and the like, or even and have a suitable hatch in the spares,  especially if you want an open hatch. 

Perhaps @Bullbasket or @Das Abteilung  could advise on spares options, or AM replacements ?

HTH

I've had a rummage through my spare and AM M4 parts and I'm afraid I don't have a spare vision cupola hatch.

If you don't get any joy from Tiger, there are a couple of resin after-market cupolas available but that's a costly option.  TMD and Panzer Art spring to mind. 

You could try looking on eBay as there are people on there who sell separate parts or sprues from kits.  A hatch from Dragon, Academy or Tamiya ought to fit - especially if you're showing it open.