Field artillery tractor and 25 pounder

Hewy

I've had these two kits in the stash for a while now,and i fancy a change from wingy things,

These will take me through  nicley  till christmas at a steady pace,

The mirror models cmp FAT looks a nice kit and comes with photo etch and resin wheels in the box, the dragon 25 pounder thats going to hang off the back of it looks good too, 

Cheers all

Glynn

xVEetEc.jpg

The scheme I'll be doing and the resin wheels and pe oob

HrFtv7u.jpg

c8nvxMd.jpg

• Like 12

nice... not sure on this one but my experience of Mirror Models - build nicely but no real positive fixings.. .and check the wheels vs axles - the Holmes Wrecker had wheel hubs too big for the axles and no real connecting surfaces 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Hewy.

Will watch this with interest as ive got the Dragon 25pdr that i intend to mate up with the Tamiya Quad at some point.

Regards,

Steve

Hello steve👍, I'll build the 25 pdr along side the FAT,a change is as good a rest someone said,although I'd  rather have a nice sit down personally 

5 hours ago, robw_uk said:

nice... not sure on this one but my experience of Mirror Models - build nicely but no real positive fixings.. .and check the wheels vs axles - the Holmes Wrecker had wheel hubs too big for the axles and no real connecting surfaces 

You're so right about the vagueness, there's  only a slight hint in places for fitment, first update tomorrow,

Engine and chassis rails built up 🤬 i hope the geometry is close🤞

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Courageous said:

I'll tag along.

Stuart

Cheers stuart, i suppose I'd  better sprinkle some figures on or  around  it  too , so if anyone has any ideas, resin or styrene  I'm up for convincing

I've made a start , the plastic is flash free and very nicley molded, sprue gates are a bit big in places,  though as of yet not in awkward hard to get to areas , the build is a bit miniart ish,

Meaning theres lot of tiny, tiny bits to glue together to make a less tiny part that needs gluing to another very small part 🤔, but thats not a moan, merely an observation, this will build into a very nicley detailed kit (if i can keep my concentration) ,all I've done so far are the engine , chassis rails and pe parts maybe a bit more added detail will be added as we go on , as @robw_uk mentioned a lack of locating pins or marks in some areas , is a problem at times ,especially as the build sequence has you make up various sub assemblies first, some that have no bearing on the area you're working on ,so theres a bit of back and forth,

00vQC8I.jpg

5A0k9La.jpg

hrBCqvZ.jpg

Cheers all

Glynn

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 11

Looks a nice project Glynn, I built the dragon 25 pdr a few years ago a nice kit. Bronco do a nice gun crew if your thinking of a dioarama.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Looks a nice project Glynn, I built the dragon 25 pdr a few years ago a nice kit. Bronco do a nice gun crew if your thinking of a dioarama.

Cheers ozzy, yes i remember you did the 25pdr, i am considering the gun crew, i've also been searching for a suitable driver and passengers,I've  seen a bronco set for the driver ,but not available on these shores ,I'm  still building sub sections for the chassis atm ,they should be ready for a lick of paint come the weekend and i'll assemble it into something more recognisable ,then get the 25pdr off to a start .

Cheers all, i will update with photos as soon as I've built something bigger than 20mm 

• Like 1

The chassis has taken longer than expected  i have added the wheel hubs and given it a lick of paint, once dry I'll post up a picture ,i also decided to add a bit of wiring to the engine and painted it , once its in place and i can see the clearance I've got i can do a bit more, I'm  banking on having the bonnet open, if it works out or not we'll see later, but it's there just in case

B4TP3nT.jpg

Ks2sG8t.jpg

o4OHxOh.jpg

Cheers all

Glynn

• Like 10
  • Sad 1