B-17G A bit o lace

Hi there

I am calling this one done. The model portray’s Miss Lace sometime between the time when the port wing was replaced and the accident when the rudder and elevators were replaced. The yellow tail and blue wing chevron was painted by the end of January 1945. It had a major service after mission 41 when the Cheyanne tail was fitted. At this time the rudder and elevators were silver painted at this time. The weathering from the engines was lightly done with Tamiya Smoke. 

There is a build thread over on the WIP section. Here are the pictures.

Regards Toby

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 46
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful job!  It's great that it came together for you, and your work does this kit and the real thing justice.  Good 'ol Milton Caniff!  I recognized the style of his artwork immediately--straight out of Terry and the Pirates.

Great work. I have built this kit several times but have not come near to this quality finish.

Every time I see this particular Fort, my brain goes back to the sixties Airfix boxing,

Michael

Great B-17! Your build is really emblematic and fantastic-looking.

I suspect that 'a bit o lace' had offset lateral firing positions, as opposed to what the kit depicts, where they are opposite to each other.

But I have never seen anybody paying the slightest attention to that detail, so I suspect it is alright as it is!

Great show and congrats!

JR

Hi Jean

A bit o lace came out of the factory with the side gun windows opposite each other. This is not how Hasegawa made their plastic so I changed this as part if the build. Charles Brown took some well known pictures of this plane either late in the ear or just after the enregards Toby

Perhaps one of the most famous B-17's (Memphis Belle notwithstanding) largely due to Airfix and its amazing box art.

Your Hasegawa build looks brilliant!

I have the kit in my stash and I have already built their B-17F. 

Hence, I think the Hasegawa kits are my no means to be ignored as serious build options (as your model definitely proves).

:goodjob::thumbsup: