754 Thonier Armor. Tuna Fishing Boat

Jb65rams

My second entry is Thornier Armour, a tuna fishing boat originally released in 1978. Didn't plan this built, saw it on eBay a couple of weeks ago, thought it looked interesting but didn't press the button. Price was later reduced to £5, couldn't resist that, so here it is.

spacer.png

Not many parts and a sheet of vacform sails.

spacer.png

Need to a bit of research, my sailing knowledge is limited, it has been over 30yrs since I got my RYA competent crew certificate, which was also the last time I set foot on a sailing boat.

• Like 9

Glad you decided to go ahead with this one, interested to see how it comes out.  We definitely needed more ships/boats in the GB so this is very welcome.

Good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Started on my second build buy painting the deck and the hull. All done using the hairy brush.

I also enclosed some wheel weights in the hull before closing it up, to give it a bit of stability when placed on the base.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Shaping up beautifully. There's something appealing about this subject. I mean in and among all the weapons of war, there's something that gives live (by providing food) rather than taking it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Sorry I haven't caught up with this build in a while, did you ever get to make any more progress  ?

We don't get to many sailing boats in GBs so this one is a bit special. 

Cheers Pat 

Progress has stalled.

On the plus side, still have three weeks left.

Might look to celebrate the New Year with some bench time. Can’t go anywhere, nothing worth watching on TV.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 06/02/2021 at 14:11, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Jb65rams

Did you get this one finished  ?

Its was looking really smart, you can come this far and not finish it........please ! :like:

Cheers Pat

I am afraid to say progress has stalled. Due to a number of reasons, the last month has been a wash out in terms of bench time.

Did make a start with the rigging, this was provided in the kit, but it was pure white, so I stained it with tea.

spacer.png

Will try to complete this over the year, if not it will appear in this years KUTA.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

@JOCKNEY would be doable if I had nothing else to do!
Unfortunately I have to work. 

Sleep is highly overrated  :wink:

You and I should count ourselves fortunate to still be in work, completely understand. 

Take care

Cheers Pat