UK newbie

Old_Scopie

Hi everyone. I have been building kits since first seeing an unpainted and broken airfix spitfire in a toy shop window aged 5, and saving up to buy it, and stick it back together!

55 years on, still building. Never mastered a spray gun, so its all hand painting. As with many I am sure, I have reached the kit stash stage of SABLE, and am still buying more than I will ever likely build! "Old scopie" refers to my trade in the RAF, a radar operator for many years.

Last kit build completed a week or so ago was the old airfix beaufighter, from an old dogfight double set, sometimes working with the old stuff is far more fun than the "lego" fit of today's models, although of course there is far more details nowadays.spacer.png

Thank you all for the warm welcome, nice to find this community and I look forward to having a good look around the site. The ancient airfix hudson i recently finishedspacer.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Old_Scopie said:

Jon, i have tried so many times to get to grips with an airbrush. Only recwntly bought a new one, compressor, spray booth etc. Failed again! Lol.

I bought an Airbrush in the spring, and I’m still learning how to use it. Well worth the perseverance as they are so good for painting large areas. What paint do you use ?

• 3 weeks later...

Faraway, I think patience cant be my strong point! I only use enamels for everything, I have found acrylics a poor substitute. I really need to find a workshop or course.