Tribute to a departed Modeller ##Finished##

As you will see from the photos below this build is over the 25% rule so I have asked for permission from Patrice to add it to this Group Build for a special reason.

This kit used to belong to a fellow kit Modeller called Donald John MacKay, who lived locally in Oban and was a good mate of @Scimitar Donald passed away recently leaving his family with an extensive stash of both books and models from a lifetime of collecting and @Scimitar real name Richard was a great help to the family in enabling them to get proper value for the items.

This kit and others Donald never finished were rescued from the rubbish bin as the family were clearing the house. I have asked Patrice @TEMPESTMK5 for special permission to join this GB with this kit to finish it as a tribute to Donald. Patrice has been kind enough to allow the kit to join the GB, for which I am especially grateful. I had originally popped this in the He111 STGB but never did anything to it. I know I have too many builds on the go at the moment but this ones personal.

Many thank Pat

IMG_5190

IMG_5191

IMG_5192

IMG_5193

• Like 25

Hi Pat,

You've brought a real big lump to my throat. What a fantastic way to honour and celebrate his life. I doubt anyone would do the same for me with my unfinished ruined farmhouse and Ever Evolvin' Diorama!

I'm not a modeller of aircraft, but the He 111 is one that used to hang from fishing line above my childhood bed, all lovingly built and painted by my mother and it's one amongst just a handful of aircraft that I'd consider building. I hope you do get to participate and have fun in the GB.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of progress on this one.

IMG_5345

Undercarriage fitted, needs additional painting required and centre of tyres needs filling, on the subject of which, it's occurred to be the cockpit is currently in cockpit green and according to the instructions should be RLM02 H240, 

IMG_5344

So next job will be a repainted of the cockpit, I'm yet to start painting and assembling the crew.

Clear parts have been part painted, and are a bit cloudy so hopefully some Klear and a repaint will lift them. I'm going for the North African KG26 version so most of the framing will be RLM79.

Cheers Pat

• Like 14

• 3 weeks later...

So, interior colour change, original colour at the top with RLM 02 underneath

IMG_5364

next cockpit interior colour swap 

IMG_5365

Original green

IMG_5366

Now RLM 02, seat painted, all the instruments etc still to then a wash then crew. I hope the blooming canopy is clear enough to be able to see this !

Cheers Pat

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the delay in getting back to this one, desert top coat on, green splodges still to do.

IMG_5413

Ive treated myself to a masking set for this one, so I can save a lot of time and get this one nearer the finish line.

cheers Pat

• Like 9

• 5 weeks later...

Big push this weekend to finish this one' going to be touch and go

IMG_5515

IMG_5516

Thank goodness i bought a masking kit !

IMG_5517

Canopy fit issues hence still doing some more filler work

IMG_5530

So, list still to do

Fit, - Props, torpedos, dorsal clear parts.

Remove, - masking

Paint - green splodges

Klear coat, Decals, Klear coat 

Wish me luck !

Cheers Pat

• Like 5

• JOCKNEY changed the title to Tribute to a departed Modeller ##Finished##