F-86F-30 Argentinan Air Force Fujimi 1/72

The detail in the cockpit, the outstanding paint work and the overall exceptional build mark this one as truly awe inspiring.

Wow 😮, this is a very hard scheme to get right from the available pictures of the real A/C, and I think you did an outstanding job! Could you share what colors you used? I hope to be able to build a FAA Sabre in this same scheme sometime. 

This is one very impressive rendition of the famed Sabre.  The Argentine colors and markings help make it stand out.  Your attention to detail is to be commended.  

Take a well deserved bow!!! :worthy:

Mike

A really nice model. The painting job is outstanding and the colours look exactly as the real ones used at that period of the FAA. And one more thing: not every one takes  into account the Sabre version  used here in Argentina with slatted 6-3 wings, straight Pitot tube and proper fuel tanks. In 1/72 the only  option is, precisely, Fujimi.

Congratulations.

Hello guys, thank you very much for all your comments😳

On 10/3/2020 at 10:42 PM, EDCS87 said:

Wow 😮, this is a very hard scheme to get right from the available pictures of the real A/C, and I think you did an outstanding job! Could you share what colors you used? I hope to be able to build a FAA Sabre in this same scheme sometime. 

11 hours ago, Ale85 said:

Love this scheme, i have the decals in 48th scale.

Can i ask you which colors you've used for the camouflage?

ciao

Ale

I worked with Armycast decals sheet color guide, Gunze H 309 Green, H 310 earth but I replaced the H 73 grey by a mix of H 42 and H 308 to obtain the particular blue tone of this camouflage (approximately 30% H42 and 70% H308).

H-309 and H-310 were then reworked with yellow and other green and sand colors from Gunze.

The Book "Serie Fuerza Aera #16 F-86F-30 NA SABRE" is a precious help (especially the cover photo).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, daktari said:

Hello guys, thank you very much for all your comments😳

I worked with Armycast decals sheet color guide, Gunze H 309 Green, H 310 earth but I replaced the H 73 grey by a mix of H 42 and H 308 to obtain the particular blue tone of this camouflage (approximately 30% H42 and 70% H308).

H-309 and H-310 were then reworked with yellow and other green and sand colors from Gunze.

The Book "Serie Fuerza Aera #16 F-86F-30 NA SABRE" is a precious help (especially the cover photo).

Thanks! I think the greyish blue is perfect! This will be a great help in the future