Spend My Money, Buy Me A Airbrush & Compressor

FrankJ

I'm about to take a leap of faith to purchase my first airbrush/compressor setup. I have a spray booth picked out (not ordered yet) Booth

I have been considering a airbrush compressor kit of Amazon kk-moon or some other deal which comes with what I need to get started.

It's a minefield so I turn to BM hoping to get advice before buying from regular airbrush users. I've never used one before so be gentle please.

I'm hoping to to keep the hit on my credit card below £250.00, after spending on the spray booth I'll have £180 for airbrush & compressor with hoses etc I will mostly be using acrylic paint Vallejo model air.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by FrankJ

Hi Paul

Main builds will probably be ships/planes, maybe the odd model car. Currently about to start 1:700 hms penelope. Just finished tamiya 1/48 mk 1 spitfire which I think paint work could have been better hence the reason I'm considering a foray into airbrushing. Paint will always be Acrylics I think. Wife has a problem with smell from enamels. 

Edited by FrankJ

So bits of everything, from fine details to area work.

I would suggest something like this:

https://www.modellingtools.co.uk/airbrushing-set-br--harder-and-steenbeck-ultra-2in1-02mm04mm-nozzles---2ml-5ml-paint-cups-12695-p.asp

The compressor is made by sparmax quiet, runs constantly  when switched on, has a pressure regulator and hose in the box.   

The airbrush is a Harder & Steenbeck Ultra, their beginners brush, but uses the same needles & nozzles as the rest of the range.  

It has a 2ml and 5ml paint cup and a fine 0.2mm  and are 0.4mm nozzle set.

There are also the other bits you will need to get started, face mask, cleaning pot/desktop stand, Vallejo airbrush cleaner cleaning brushes and get you started DVD.

Airbrush and compressor  both have a 2 year warranty & we hold spares for the brush.   Price is £235 plus £12 postage

3 hours ago, little-cars said:

Hi, Extractor should be OK as long as you don't put solvents  through it. 

As for the airbrush.... what are you going to be painting?  Subject, area work, fine detail etc..

Paul

Thanks Paul, pm'd you with a question before ordering. Hope that's ok.