The Wingleader Photo-Archive books, Spitfire (1) and Hurricane (3)

Michael51

Just received these publications from the UK.

Each is the best photographic coverage of its respective aircraft I have seen.

Each also constitutes a very deep inquiry into the images to glean well informed opinions and conclusions about the particular aircraft concerned.

Michael

• Like 3

The Spitfire and Hurricane ones are brilliant.

WingLeader are doing a fantastic job with what they've been releasing. The Battle of Britain Combat Archive is thoroughly worth it if you have more than a passing interest in the subject. I say more than a passing interest as it's already cost me £200 and it's roughly only half way through or a little over that, so it's a fairly serious investment for the series. Saying that, I love it and think it's more than worth the investment.

• Like 3

I have the spitfire and hurricane books and they are fantastic. @Troy Smith if you haven't already, the hurricane one is right up your street and there is a page dedicated to all the different spinner types which is superb alone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2020 at 8:01 PM, Graham Boak said:

Thanks to a tip from Dave Fleming, I got the Hurricane book with the Blenheim one at half price.  Exceptional value for money.  Might even consider the Spitfire one now...

Same here.  Thanks, @Dave Fleming.   

PS It was nice to see the care taken by Booksworld, the distributors, to ensure that the books arrived in absolutely pristine condition.