NAC Viscount 1/144th

Hello again.

Another from my part built models now completed. Started this one sometime last year so while I have some limited space to work from and in order to clear some clutter in the form of unfinished builds, it is time to get them done.

This one is the S&M kit of the Viscount 800 series. We all know its not the perfect kit but it will do for me.  Decals by OldModeldecals of NZ.  The decals work well but limited placement( like none!) images don't help. However I trawled the net for good and helpful images to enable me to finish this one.  Just after I took the photos I noiced I omitted the nose wheel doors.  Will sort that out before too long.

Vickers Viscount 800 ZK-BRF of NAC New Zealand in the 1960s.

kkyiFu.jpg

xczjPG.jpg

LHEpM2.jpg

AjV4NI.jpg

uVxeHb.jpg

zw0gFE.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Very nice indeed and a different livery than the norm. I have one of these on the production line at the moment which will be an Invicta machine. I just need a warm day to spray the top one last coat. Look forward to your next project.

Keith

Lovely job Paul, I bought one if these too, my chosen scheme has the shadow stripe through the cheat line. I can see some reshaping around the front but all in all, that looks great. I well recall these droning overhead on the way between Auckland & Christchurch. 

Steve.

• Like 1

Lovely job. 

Some of my earliest memories are standing on the rooftop public viewing area at Harewood (Christchurch) watching NAC Friendships and Viscounts starting up, shutting down and taxing about.

I loved it up there as a kid. The screaming racket that the engines made and the strong smell of Avtur really made an impression on my young mind. 

Good days they were. 😀

• Like 2