Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Group build chat

Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. This is the poll for the Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! GB with the name to be confirmed. Here we will have the vote for the choice of kit to be built. I've had to start a new topic as I can't seem to be able to add a poll to the existing post,

• Revell 1/72 Hawk T1
    • Airfix 1/72 P-40

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@thepureness, @JadlamRacingModels, can we go seriously WHIF, bolt on loads of extras from the spares box on top of the original kit? Or is the “extras” limited to decals and resin replacement parts?

Kits arrived today, thanks Russ. 

As long as everything is attached to that revell hawk then use that artistic licence to do what ever you want!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thepureness said:

As long as everything is attached to that revell hawk then use that artistic licence to do what ever you want!!

Excellent.  :coolio:

I've got one (Red Arrows variant) that has hitched a ride on another order in case I have time.  Be fun to see what kind of bad ideas I can come up with.

My kits arrived this morning, thanks @JadlamRacingModels.  Can't wait to start this, but I don't yet know where I'm going.  My first choice of WHIF scheme I'm having trouble sourcing decals for, and I can't free hand or stencil it as I'm not that good.  Got some reserve options though.

Hi everyone

I think Jadlam are out of stock at the moment of the Hawk and getting some more in very quickly, Rus said about another 24 kits on route @JadlamRacingModels

Edited by thepureness

13 hours ago, thepureness said:

Hi everyone

I think Jadlam are out of stock at the moment of the Hawk and getting some more in very quickly, Rus said about another 24 kits on route @JadlamRacingModels

8 pallets of Revell coming in today, 24 hawks on there. Will be on the website when they arrive later...

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  This looks like fun, so count me in.  Although not sure how I'm going to fit this around the existing 1/48 Thud (Vietnam GB), 1/48 Maltese Hurricane (Mediterranean GB) and 1/72 retirement scheme Tornado F3 GB builds already planned for the rest of this year...

Jadlam out of stock for the 1/72 Revell Hawk, but sounds like they're restocking.

Icarus

10 hours ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

8 pallets of Revell coming in today, 24 hawks on there. Will be on the website when they arrive later...

Day after double rewards finished Russ !!!

My Hawk showed up today (Red Arrows Boxing) from a supplier on this side of the pond.  Good thing I was planning on not using the kit decals.....as they were missing!  :o  Kit was cheap enough I'm not going to sweat it.  Onward and upward.  Now just have to wait for the dates to be decided unless I've missed them somewhere (off to go look), and hope I have time to squeeze it in.

On 9/25/2020 at 4:39 PM, thepureness said:

6 weeks from 31st of October to the 14th of December

Here you go @helios16v and anyone else who missed the dates or forgot (myself included)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

My Hawk showed up today (Red Arrows Boxing) from a supplier on this side of the pond.  Good thing I was planning on not using the kit decals.....as they were missing!  :o  Kit was cheap enough I'm not going to sweat it.

Same thing happened with mine and I was mildly irritated... then I checked the Safety Advice leaflet (which I normally ignore... :whistle:) and found the decal sheet tucked away inside it. I feel sure you would have checked, but just in case you didn't might be worth a look.

Rich

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RichG said:

Same thing happened with mine and I was mildly irritated... then I checked the Safety Advice leaflet (which I normally ignore... :whistle:) and found the decal sheet tucked away inside it. I feel sure you would have checked, but just in case you didn't might be worth a look.

Rich

I'll give it another look.  I know I flipped through the instructions and another little brochure book in case they found their way inside there...but I did flip through rather quickly.....I had another beast to inspect and not a lot of time before I had to leave for work.

I've had a few emails from people asking if they can join the GB. 

Anyone can join regardless. We just need an initial amount for the GB to go ahead which we had within a couple of days. I think we are going to see upwards of 30 builds here potentially now. Looking forward to it  but the more the Better

Edited by thepureness
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RichG said:

Rich

Good call.  That's exactly where they were!  :rofl2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hurrah - mine turned up today.  I didn't notice that the base colour scheme for this Revell boxing is my old squadron, so I have no choice but to go with this option - although the one I flew was definitely less flashy than this commemorative scheme.

And thanks for the above comments about where the decals were tucked away - I was about to get very grumpy (unusually for me).

Icarus

• Like 1

I arrived home yesterday, after a 3 day weekend and 800km road trip, to find my package from Jadlam. Not too shabby to get to New Zealand in that timeframe. Hoping my decals arrive this week and I have a few days to sort out the paint before things kick off.

I'm doing a simple what-if,  assuming RNZAF purchased Hawks instead of Aermacchi trainers in the 80s.

• Like 2

Hi everyone.

Only twelve days to go until the GB starts and I've got some great news on the prizes for the GB

I've discussed this with Russ @JadlamRacingModels today and the prizes will be awarded in a 1st, 2nd and 3rd format. 

First prize will be the new Revell Battle of Britain gift set. This also includes the brand new JU-88 A-1 kit in 1/72 scale plus kits of a Spitfire, Hurricane and Ju-87 in the box.

P0mz4GTvM_lJFKkaQetx0sxI1YkYCJNiIBKXlBnn

Second prize is the new Revell 1/48 Farewell Tornado GR.4 kit

InksHnmesbtcok1BKvnc1aSankNaKPgvLccVjfCM

And finally third prize is the Revell 1/72 Eurofighter RAF British Legends edition. 

YqgdOGuGN5TRAERJ6k5uY4P13AyWxpqWd5YLxgLd

This works out at just over £75 worth of prizes for the GB and will hopefully encourage more people to take part. If anyone still needs the Revell 1/72 Hawk Jadlam still have them available for £8.95 including UK post. 

I hope everyone likes this update

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

• thepureness changed the title to Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Group build. Sponsored by Jadlam Racing Models, Prizes announced.