Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Group build chat

Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. This is the poll for the Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! GB with the name to be confirmed. Here we will have the vote for the choice of kit to be built. I've had to start a new topic as I can't seem to be able to add a poll to the existing post,

• Revell 1/72 Hawk T1
    • Airfix 1/72 P-40

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Dave_R said:

One point about the choices in the poll, you've specified the Airfix Hawk, but as far as I can see the Revell Hawk is the better kit and it's cheaper.

Dave.

This confused me as well. Voted for the Hawk on the understanding it's the Revell kit as was discussed in the thread :) 

46 minutes ago, Col. said:

This confused me as well. Voted for the Hawk on the understanding it's the Revell kit as was discussed in the thread :) 

my error chaps, will change it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I voted too, but its doesn't look like my vote will win so I'm going to have to buy two kits :D 

Oh that's a shame :lol: 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

We need @trickyrich to get involved with tactical voting. 

I’m sure @nimrod54 will want to join in. 

@thepureness, Do we get free choice on aircraft markings say for example in the Hawk somehow wins :whistle:

I've come up with a set of rules for the GB for when the Subject is decided. I'm going to list these below. 

* GB will run for six weeks from the 31st of October to the 14th of December.

* This GB will be based on the (Kit once chosen)

* After marker parts and decals are all permitted

* With the aim of the GB being creative we will allow "what Ifs"  The reason for this is to allow the builder some creative licence. Something we didn't permit in the last GB but want to add to this one.

* The GB is going to be sponsored by Jadlam Racing Models who will be providing a prize of which is TBC.

* Anyone that requires the kit that we are building can order the kit directly from Jadlam at a discounted price

* The voting system will not be in place and instead the sponsor will be choosing the winning build/s

This is a rough set up but provisional and subject to change

• Like 8

Unless we get more votes for the winning (so far) kit we'll not have enough for this GB to be goer!  :unsure:

I know, I know, I'm just talking rubbish to bump this a bit   :P   :lol:   :whistle:

• Haha 2

So looks like the Revell 1/72 Hawk. 

I'll have a chat with Jadlam today and see what we can sort out then provisionally put together everything for the GB start date 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

I guess the Hawk kit will be the cheapest part of the build - any decals save for the included ones will probably double the cost of the build though.

Was looking at decal sheets yesterday. Perhaps some of us could get together and share out options from sheets? :hmmm:

• Like 1

Ok, so Revell Hawk T1...

Here we go, I have reduced it to £8.95 including UK shipping on the website. I only have 12 in stock at the moment, but have 24 coming in next week - so plenty of stock and time available if you need to buy the kit.

Despite reducing the kit, you'll still earn your J Points like usual.

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/revell-04970-bae-hawk-t-1-1-72-plastic-model-kit/

Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

Ok, so Revell Hawk T1...

Here we go, I have reduced it to £8.95 including UK shipping on the website. I only have 12 in stock at the moment, but have 24 coming in next week - so plenty of stock and time available if you need to buy the kit.

Despite reducing the kit, you'll still earn your J Points like usual.

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/revell-04970-bae-hawk-t-1-1-72-plastic-model-kit/

Cheers. 

Are we allowed to order more than one copy of the kit? Asking as I'd like to do two different schemes but not sure if time will allow both within the GB timescale.

Just now, Col. said:

Are we allowed to order more than one copy of the kit? Asking as I'd like to do two different schemes but not sure if time will allow both within the GB timescale.

Yes, order anything you like, I can order more and stock will only take a week or so. (I only ordered an additional 24pcs as this kit is otherwise a slow seller). 

• Thanks 1