Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Group build chat

Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. This is the poll for the Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! GB with the name to be confirmed. Here we will have the vote for the choice of kit to be built. I've had to start a new topic as I can't seem to be able to add a poll to the existing post,

• Revell 1/72 Hawk T1
    • Airfix 1/72 P-40

This poll is closed to new votes

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 7:47 PM, Anatol Pigwa said:

Plan accordingly or you'll end up with a tailsitter.

Thanks!  Also, can someone show me a picture of what the 19 Squadron tail end is supposed to be looking like?

On 12/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, John Masters said:

Thanks!  Also, can someone show me a picture of what the 19 Squadron tail end is supposed to be looking like?

Probably too late, but here you go John - 

full?d=1521499573

If you look at my thread you can see the changes I've made for it.

On 12/10/2020 at 6:22 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Any chance of an extension? Mine won't make Sunday currently 

I'm glad you asked that question, Stu. I've wasted a lot of time on the terrible windscreen and would really appreciate an extension also. 

How about it, Mr.Pureness?

Alan

52 minutes ago, Angus Tura said:

I'm glad you asked that question, Stu. I've wasted a lot of time on the terrible windscreen and would really appreciate an extension also. 

How about it, Mr.Pureness?

Alan

On 12/10/2020 at 6:22 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Any chance of an extension? Mine won't make Sunday currently 

Actually, I've just noticed the GB was down to end on the 13th when it should be the 14th, So I've asked Enzo for an extra 24 hours. I'm about to put the decals on mine tomorrow and then seal it all in. Going to be a tight finish for me too

Edited by thepureness
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, thepureness said:

Actually, I've just noticed the GB was down to end on the 13th when it should be the 14th, So I've asked Enzo for an extra 24 hours. I'm about to put the decals on mine tomorrow and then seal it all in. Going to be a tight finish for me too

Thanks...I'll need about a fortnight...I'll get my coat...see you in KUTA.

Alan

On 11/3/2020 at 5:47 PM, Anatol Pigwa said:

A word of caution: There us precious little space to put thr noseweight in. Plan accordingly or you'll end up with a tailsitter.

Little H just glued hers all together and it’s sits on three. No nose weights needed, mind you her whole cockpit was fitted a little too far rewards. 

2 minutes ago, Doccur said:

I will just have to crack on this evening!!!

cheers

I've had to decal the kit today and final coat varnish it. I used a quick dry final coat and just managed to upload might today. Lucky its a what and I could choose what decals I used, but was a rush

• Like 2

That's it peep. GB is over and that signals the voting is now down to the team at jadlam to choose their favourite builds. 

I've spoken to Russ who has said it should be anything from 7-10 days because of the Xmas rush at the business but we should get the results soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done to all those who managed to get their builds over the line, and thanks to Russ and the rest of the team at Jadlam for sponsoring this event. I am glad that I don't have to pick a favourite from the finished models.

Cheers 

John

• Like 2
  • Haha 1