Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Group build chat

Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. This is the poll for the Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! GB with the name to be confirmed. Here we will have the vote for the choice of kit to be built. I've had to start a new topic as I can't seem to be able to add a poll to the existing post,

• Revell 1/72 Hawk T1
    • Airfix 1/72 P-40

This poll is closed to new votes

That's really generous of you guys at Jadlam, Russ. I am currently building the new Revell Ju-88 over in the Battle of Britain GB, it's a cracking kit. The chance of winning that prize should attract more builders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nimrod54 said:

That's really generous of you guys at Jadlam, Russ. I am currently building the new Revell Ju-88 over in the Battle of Britain GB, it's a cracking kit. The chance of winning that prize should attract more builders.

No worries, I look forward to seeing your builds. Hopefully we're on for quite a few participants! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

That's really generous of you guys at Jadlam, Russ.

Not sure whether or not I'll enter the GB (have a Zvezda C-130 Hercules on short finals) but after many years of lying dormant this thread has suddenly awoken "Hawk-Fever" in my bones, and with so many interesting schemes down the years (and that's just RAF) I just bagged myself a brace from Jadlam (oh, and a Revell Phantom FGR.2)... well at that price and free delivery it would  be rude not to.  

Now which schemes... where did I put those Xtradecals sheets? 

Rich

Edited by RichG
  • Like 1

I finally found some decals for my first choice of WHIF scheme, and they are spot on.  Looking forward to this.  Got my eye on second place, been eyeing that Tornado kit up for a while :D 

Just now, HobbyPaul said:

Mine's now arrived and I'm considering going for one of the schemes from the Test & Development BAe Hawks. (I take it that is allowed?)

As far as I know absolutely anything is allowed as long as it centres around the Hawk T.1 kit, IE involves the kit.  I believe some are planning to raid the spares box and stick greebles and such to them to turn it into something else.  So go for it fella :) 

14 hours ago, HobbyPaul said:

Mine's now arrived and I'm considering going for one of the schemes from the Test & Development BAe Hawks. (I take it that is allowed?)

yes all allowed

13 hours ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

Another 3/4 Hawks on the website this evening - hopefully more people getting onboard with the GB. 

Not long to go now! Do we have any idea how many participants?

2 of them were me I think, at least one will be a starter in the GB, hopefully it  will make the finish line for a change!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

Another 3/4 Hawks on the website this evening - hopefully more people getting onboard with the GB. 

Not long to go now! Do we have any idea how many participants?

I'm thinking it is going to be 25+ so far, maybe more

Evening all. I have seen this a little late but would like to join.

I'm still quite bitter, however, as we Turas tend to be. I thought I should join this as, I thought, I already had the kit:

201027a Wrong kit

I quite like the box as a historical document. It was bought in the now defunct Modelzone for £3.99 but it has clearly been in the Kit Swap at Scale Modelworld. There has clearly also been considerable sales-resistance as I've cut the price from £3 to £2 but it still hasn't gone. Anyway, I thought, "Great"! It was half the current price of a Revell Hawk even with the generous Jadlam discount. All I needed was some decals and we're off...except, of course, that it's the wrong kit! I discovered this by reading a review here at Britmodeller and noticing that all the parts seemed to have been moved around the sprues, which I thought a little odd. Its the Italeri kit reboxed by Revell. As an aside, I also learnt at Scalemates that it was reboxed previously by Marks and Spencers, of all people.

So, I have been to Jadlam and got the right kit, and some 100 squadron decals from Hannants to make a Scottish-ish Hawk: www.flickr.com/photos/gwmclaughlin/8670558329/

See you at the weekend.

Alan 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davek72 said:

Another late joiner but join I will if that is ok.   No idea of what scheme to go with.   Kit just ordered from Jadlam.

Dave

Anyone and everyone is welcome 

My Hawks are in the post.  REvell from Germany and the other from Italy.  The Italian Hawk is Italeri and I hope to use the decals from that kit for my Revell build.

I fancy the Spitfire Commemoration livery...