Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Group build chat

Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. This is the poll for the Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! GB with the name to be confirmed. Here we will have the vote for the choice of kit to be built. I've had to start a new topic as I can't seem to be able to add a poll to the existing post,

• Revell 1/72 Hawk T1
    • Airfix 1/72 P-40

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I'll wait to order mine.

I'll let others get from the current stock then I'll get mine from the next batch

It'll be fresher then . . . . 

Ah, but the moulds won't be as sharp.....

• Haha 3

Just ordered one of this kit (and another) from Jadlam, so sign me up for this group build.

After a good search, aI couldn't find one for sale online here in NZ, so here's hoping it gets here within a reasonable timeframe.

• Like 1

I like the inclusion of WHIFs.  I've got lots 72nd decals in the bin to come up with something different.  Time is not on my side though.  But the kit is cheap and readily available through SprueBros so I can snag one in short order if I need to and opportunity presents itself.

@thepureness, @JadlamRacingModels

Little H wants to join the GB. She’s 10 and when she builds in the BlitzBuild GBs, I post for her under my account, but put

“Little H builds” in the title for her builds, as I use “H builds” for mine. 

Are you happy for her to join and for us to post builds this way?

• Like 4

On 04/10/2020 at 20:10, Hockeyboy76 said:

We need @trickyrich to get involved with tactical voting. 

I’m sure @nimrod54 will want to join in. 

@thepureness, Do we get free choice on aircraft markings say for example in the Hawk somehow wins :whistle:

Sorry chaps, I have just got out of hibernation. :sleep_1:I hope that it's not too late to join in, let me know if it is OK. It will have to compete with a Tornado for time, but I should be able to get one finished.

• Haha 1

Just now, nimrod54 said:

Sorry chaps, I have just got out of hibernation. :sleep_1:I hope that it's not too late to join in, ley me know if it is OK. It will have to compete with a Tornado for time, but I should be able to get one finished.

You always make it, fashionabley late, but here!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@thepureness, @JadlamRacingModels

Little H wants to join the GB. She’s 10 and when she builds in the BlitzBuild GBs, I post for her under my account, but put

“Little H builds” in the title for her builds, as I use “H builds” for mine. 

Are you happy for her to join and for us to post builds this way?

Absolutely. Just title her build in the gallery when you upload it 

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

Sorry chaps, I have just got out of hibernation. :sleep_1:I hope that it's not too late to join in, let me know if it is OK. It will have to compete with a Tornado for time, but I should be able to get one finished.

Of course you can. Anyone is welcome to join in

Edited by thepureness

7 minutes ago, thepureness said:

Of course you can. Anyone is welcome to join in

That's great. I have ordered a kit from Jadlam, I will really have to press on with some builds that need to be wrapped up before this one starts now.

• Like 1

I'm a little torn.  Before this GB was even a twinkle in Jadlams eye I've been wanting to get this very Hawk kit from Jadlam for the black  scheme, it looked ace.  Trouble is there's too much risk that someone else will do the same stock scheme.  So I'm already eyeing up several schemes I've seen on Google, plus I'm seriously toying with doing a slightly humerous what if scheme I came up with, which I hope will eliminate any chance of duplicates in the gallery.

🤔

19 minutes ago, HoolioPaulio said:

I'm a little torn.  Before this GB was even a twinkle in Jadlams eye I've been wanting to get this very Hawk kit from Jadlam for the black  scheme, it looked ace.  Trouble is there's too much risk that someone else will do the same stock scheme.  So I'm already eyeing up several schemes I've seen on Google, plus I'm seriously toying with doing a slightly humerous what if scheme I came up with, which I hope will eliminate any chance of duplicates in the gallery.

🤔

This is what we like to see! Whilst real life schemes are great its great to see something off the cuff!

Ive often considered mixing up decal sets on kits we have in stock! RAF Porsche 911 GT3 alongside a Gulf Motorsport Spitfire maybe - sounds terrible but good fun. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

🤔

Nobody will criticise you for doing the box scheme regardless of how many others do it as well ;) 

4 hours ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

This is what we like to see! Whilst real life schemes are great its great to see something off the cuff!

Ive often considered mixing up decal sets on kits we have in stock! RAF Porsche 911 GT3 alongside a Gulf Motorsport Spitfire maybe - sounds terrible but good fun. 

That sounds fun. What-if WWII never happened and air races such as the Schneider Trophy dictated the pace and path of aircraft development. A suggestion for your next GB competition idea perhaps?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

Nobody will criticise you for doing the box scheme regardless of how many others do it as well ;) 

That sounds fun. What-if WWII never happened and air races such as the Schneider Trophy dictated the pace and path of aircraft development. A suggestion for your next GB competition idea perhaps?

Great Idea - as I have said before I an keen to do these GB's as often as you guys want to do them. Got thousands of kits here, all waiting to be built! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JadlamRacingModels said:

Now there’s an idea, sound thinking from sooooo far out of the box it’s coming from a galaxy far far away..........

Am I giving things away???? Probably Not, or am I? :whistle:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Col. said:

What-if WWII never happened and air races such as the Schneider Trophy dictated the pace and path of aircraft development. A suggestion for your next GB competition idea perhaps?

I have a whole series of Whifs planned along these very lines. Though my build allows for Whif scemes on anything that could be raced other than sci-fi. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Now there’s an idea, sound thinking from sooooo far out of the box it’s coming from a galaxy far far away..........

Am I giving things away???? Probably Not, or am I? :whistle:

Do it!!!  I was actually thinking about rummaging through the spares box and seeing what kind of wild alterations I might come up with.

I'll likely just end up throwing some decals from a non-operator from a different era on it.  :D

• Haha 1