Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Group build chat

Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. This is the poll for the Surprise GB with Sponsorship, This year!!! GB with the name to be confirmed. Here we will have the vote for the choice of kit to be built. I've had to start a new topic as I can't seem to be able to add a poll to the existing post,

• Revell 1/72 Hawk T1
    • Airfix 1/72 P-40

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, thepureness said:

idea of everyone building the same kit and seeing how different modellers tackle the same model.

Idea interesting

but for me personally, probably not realizable, unless it turns out to be a kit lying in my house.

B.w.Does this concept imply OOB or a complete minced meat with the participation of the entire aftermarket to which hands can reach?

B.R.

Serge

P.S. In reality this making in Moscow,  many modelers gather, including from other cities of Russia, they are given the same Zvezda models (I remember Yak-3) and they make it during the weekend.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:39 AM, thepureness said:

1/72 P-40 (Any variation) so the Warhawk served in many theatres of WWII and was flown by the USAF, RAF and RNAF to name a few. The airfix kit must be used but any boxing

Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Multiple markings available for the training and will also include the red arrows, if someone can convert the revell kit into a goshawk then that could be permitted

My Vote is the Airfix P-40, I have Waaay better access to them, and Have way more in the way of bits & pieces to use. I cant get the Hawk at this time as my budget and SWMBO wont allow any new online orders for the moment. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

It's not easy these day to get hold of a certain kit due to all the conventions being cancelled to COVID.

I shall wait to add my name untill I know the kit to be used.

If I can find that one in my local shop.

Edited by Erwin

56 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Hawks

40 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hawk

Which Hawk?  And Airfix their two modifications, each in different versions .... how much will it be the same if someone does T.Mk.1 and someone does Mk.100?

It's visually different Hawk!

In principle, I have Hawk Mk.100 from Airfix in first edition in 72nd scale. I was going to sell it because I needed it for the conversion to Mk.200, but I also have Mk.T.1 and Mk.100 from Italeri. The volume of improvements is practically equal both with Italeri and Airfix separately and in a combination of Italeri + Airfix + NeOmega. Therefore no sense started unbuilt Airfix when early started Italeri.

But I am ready to join this GB with the Hawk Mk.100 from Airfix OOB if the Hawk is chosen.

Also I am ready to join this GB with the next model from Airfix:

- Harrier GR7/GR 9 (probably OOB)

- BAC Lightning F.Mk.6 (Not OOB!!! if allowed by the rules)

- Swift F.R.5 

(conversion in F.Mk.4 if allowed by the rules)

if they are will be chosen.

B.R.

Serge

On 9/25/2020 at 4:39 PM, thepureness said:

1/72 P-40 (Any variation) so the Warhawk served in many theatres of WWII and was flown by the USAF, RAF and RNAF to name a few. The airfix kit must be used but any boxing

Revell 1/72 Hawk T.1 Multiple markings available for the training and will also include the red arrows, if someone can convert the revell kit into a goshawk then that could be permitted

Of the two suggested, my vote would go to the Airfix Warhawk :)

Edit: but OK with either.

• Like 1

Hi everyone. 

@Aardvark hit the nail on the head here. 

If we ran with the Airfix 1/72 Hawk we can then run is any variation of the aircraft to include the 100 series along with the standard T1 and red arrow,

How does this sound?

Edited by thepureness
  • Like 3

Sounds good to me! As very few of us have had any access to air shows this summer - there actually has been very few of them - I thought I´d share here a few of my Hawkesque pics from the Finnish main air show in Kauhava a month ago.

IMG_8055

Here´s the special scheme of HW-353 marking 40 years of Hawks in Finnish AF service, on the ground, taxiing for the performance...

IMG_8058

... as the #4 in the Midnight Hawks diamond formation, nice and tight, but in a moment a bit dwarfed by the the stars of the show...

IMG_8144

...but of course, the aerobatic team of the second oldest air force in the world was five Hawks short compared to the aerobatic team of the oldest air force in the world  :winkgrin:.

Let´s build some Hawks! V-P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm ok with either version of Hawk.

I have at least one of each required in my stash as well

Although, at this stage my preference would be the P40

I have too many BAe ones on the build shelves right now

The idea of an Airfix Hawk is one of the more attractive suggestions, but I do feel that for a level playing field their should only be one kit rather than a choice of two.

The main issue I would have is the concept of the GB for a prize to a "winner" - could the prize be allocated through a random draw of all entries in the Gallery? On of the things that made me contribute to BM is the friendly nature of the forum and acceptance of modellers of all capabilities, a  prize alloctaed by randon would be more in line with this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul821 said:

The idea of an Airfix Hawk is one of the more attractive suggestions, but I do feel that for a level playing field their should only be one kit rather than a choice of two.

The main issue I would have is the concept of the GB for a prize to a "winner" - could the prize be allocated through a random draw of all entries in the Gallery? On of the things that made me contribute to BM is the friendly nature of the forum and acceptance of modellers of all capabilities, a  prize alloctaed by randon would be more in line with this.

The staff at the Sponsor choose the winner which is what happened last time. Basically all the staff at Jadlam get together and choose their favourite build. But I could always have a chat with Russell at Jadlam and see what we could do.