Porsche Model Typ 100 / VK 30.01 (P) | 1:35 Hobby Boss

The kit by Hobby Boss represents an armed version of the tank, although actually the turret with armament was never installed.

Building the test version of the vehicle required some scratch-building: the superstructure, the front-plate with windows, covers for the air outlets from the engine compartment, additional air ventilation behind the superstructure and round holders for attaching the towing cable.
The mounting of the antenna also had to be removed.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The towing cable produced by Eureka XXL (for the Ferdinand SPG).

The tracks with separate links turned out to be difficult to assemble, each link required sanding and matching to the neighbouring ones, and the level of their detail left a lot to be desired. In addition, they did not fit the drive wheels. So in the end, I used the rubber tracks from the Sturer Emil Trumpeter kit, for which I bought the ones from Friul anyway.
Apart of that, the construction of the model was not difficult and the fit of parts turned out to be very good.

Painting with MR Paint paints mixed “judging by eye”, the weathering made with various pigments, mud, and oils from Ammo MIG, AK, and Vallejo. I made subtle chipping with AK graphite. Old school, as they say.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you like it :). More photos at my blog.

Best, Hubert

• Like 9