Jump to content

"Picchiatello", the Italian Stuka - Ju 87 B-2


Recommended Posts

Nice touch with the footprints! Nearly there now....

 

 

Ian

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Wow! That’s a lot. Love the little details coming together. The weathering is beautifully done. Such great work. (Nice clean workspace too) 👏👏👏

Yep, lots of pics, maybe not that much work, though... :D Thank for the praise, Johnny :thumbsup:

 

9 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Super nice job Mr G...

I smell something like a RFI....

Sincerely.

CC

Not far now, CC - hopefully next WE :) Thanks :thumbsup:

 

2 hours ago, Brandy said:

Nice touch with the footprints! Nearly there now....

 

 

Ian

48 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Agreed. Did you use a 1/48 footprint shaped sponge?

 

John

Thank you Ian and John, glad you like it :thumbsup:  John, I'm not sure if your question is meant "tongue in cheek", but I actually saw a build where the modeller shaped the gummy back side of a pencil like a boot sole, dipping it in paint and "stamping" foot prints on the wings. In my case, it was just a cutout of that soft spongy stuff used as chair cushions stuffing, held with tweezers.... :) 

 

Ciao

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another cracking update G - you've just about finished turning the ugly duckling into a beautiful swan........ ok, maybe not, but you have turned a box of bits into a stunning model aeroplane - great work!!

 

Looking forward to the RFI, can't be long now!

 

K

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My question was slightly tongue in cheek, I’e heard of armour modellers using 1/35 boot shapes for tanks etc., so why not aircraft.

 

John

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just catching up now G. That paint work and weathering is flipping mouth watering, it’s looking perfect.

 

Rob

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 5:15 PM, giemme said:

I then glued the engine in place (see @hendie? Only two weeks later than you expected... :D  :D )

 

and even then, you kept me waiting until darned near the end of the post before you went and stuck the thing on!

 

lovely stuff Giorgio.  That weathering is sublime

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Another cracking update G - you've just about finished turning the ugly duckling into a beautiful swan........ ok, maybe not, but you have turned a box of bits into a stunning model aeroplane - great work!!

 

Looking forward to the RFI, can't be long now!

 

K

Well, yes, it's more of a vulture rather than a swan, but I get your point .... :rofl:  Thanks for the praise Keith, much appreciated :thumbsup: I should hopefully complete it within this week 🤞

 

20 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

My question was slightly tongue in cheek, I’e heard of armour modellers using 1/35 boot shapes for tanks etc., so why not aircraft.

 

John

Next time, maybe... :winkgrin: :D  

 

17 hours ago, rob85 said:

Just catching up now G. That paint work and weathering is flipping mouth watering, it’s looking perfect.

 

Rob

Cheers Rob, thank you - glad you like it! :thumbsup:

 

10 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Amazing work Giorgio, every square inch of this one shows your attention to detail.

Thanks Cookie, much appreciated :thumbsup: Good to hear from you, I hope everything's good

 

8 hours ago, hendie said:

 

and even then, you kept me waiting until darned near the end of the post before you went and stuck the thing on!

 

lovely stuff Giorgio.  That weathering is sublime

:D  :D  :D  A little suspense, sir.... 

Thank you for your comment, much appreciated :thumbsup:

 

Ciao

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another catch up read and wow.

All those little details coming together so well

 

All looks good from here Giorgio.

 

Stay safe.

 

Simon.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

G, the footprints are a nice distinctive touch on this spectacular/benchmark build🙌--I appreciate the great overview of the work space--best, Erwin

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2021 at 11:39, Spookytooth said:

Another catch up read and wow.

All those little details coming together so well

 

All looks good from here Giorgio.

 

Stay safe.

 

Simon.

Thanks Simon, glad you like it :thumbsup:  It all has come together now, see below :) 

 

On 09/04/2021 at 04:14, VT Red Sox Fan said:

G, the footprints are a nice distinctive touch on this spectacular/benchmark build🙌--I appreciate the great overview of the work space--best, Erwin

Cheers Erwin, thank you :thumbsup:

 

OK lads, I'm calling this completed :yahoo: :D 

 

Here's a summary of the last few steps; I completed the underside by gluing in the bomb trapeze and the radiator flaps actuators

finishing20

 

finishing21

 

Then I scratch built wingtip lights form stretched clear sprue, and glued in place with a dot of CA glue

finishing22

 

finishing23

 

They were then painted with usual Tamiya Clear Red and Clear Blue

finishing28

 

finishing29

 

Top side: here's my setup to glue in the antenna wire (I think I stole nicked was inspired by one of John's @The Spadgent build :winkgrin: )

 

finishing24

 

The wire is, as per usual, a woman's hair - with a wife and three daughters around the house, I have an unlimited supply of those.... :D  :D  

 

While I was at it, I fixed the antenna wire on another Cenni's mount I built a while ago, that got undone

 

finishing25

 

Tail gun inserted in the rear canopy

canopy17

 

I actually had to remove the barrel sight to be able to slide it through the canopy hole; I then replaced it with a segment of brass pipe, although this isn't even close to the real thing, but a PE addition would have been very welcomed here.... :shrug:

 

I also scratch built the rear view mirror from a PE leftover, here's again a third-hand setup to glue it in place (with CA gel)

finishing26

 

The glass part was painted with Molotow Chrome pen

finishing27

 

Sliding canopies glued in place with Formula560, and the same for the propeller, and there she is, eventually completed (antenna wire insulators made with blobs of CA+flour):

finishing30

 

finishing31

 

finishing32

 

finishing33

 

finishing34

 

finishing35

 

finishing36

 

Proper RFI to follow as soon as the sun comes back, probably next WE... 

 

All comments welcome, as usual

 

Ciao

 

 

 

  • Like 20
Link to post
Share on other sites

Superb finish Giorgio, and a model that anyone would be proud to have in their collection.  There's a gracefulness in a Stuka as well as an element of ungainliness - in the same way a vulture can be both graceful and ungainly at the same time.

The detail you have captured has been well worth the effort

 

So, what helicopter are you building next?

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another beautifully finished and detailed model Giorgio. Absolutely gorgeous!

No markings on the upper wing surfaces though? Unusual, but again a nice touch to be different.

 

Ian

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Utterly brilliant. Your attention to even the smallest detail is unrivaled. Everything looks so perfect. Fabulous WIP too. 👏👏👏👏 so yes. Which Flying piano is next? 🤫

 

Johnny 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, John Masters said:

Superb attention to detail.  Really lovely.

Thanks John :thumbsup:

 

22 hours ago, hendie said:

Superb finish Giorgio, and a model that anyone would be proud to have in their collection.  There's a gracefulness in a Stuka as well as an element of ungainliness - in the same way a vulture can be both graceful and ungainly at the same time.

The detail you have captured has been well worth the effort

 

So, what helicopter are you building next?

Cheers Alan, thank you - much appreciated :thumbsup:  My next "helicopter" is going to be an F-4 Phantom, how about that? :D  :D  

 

18 hours ago, Brandy said:

Another beautifully finished and detailed model Giorgio. Absolutely gorgeous!

No markings on the upper wing surfaces though? Unusual, but again a nice touch to be different.

 

Ian

Thank you, Ian :thumbsup: Almost all the Italian Stukas had no markings on the upper wing side, they would just obliterate the German ones without replacing them 

 

17 hours ago, bbudde said:

Wow G.!  Marvellous. Look at all the tiny details and the rest. Ottimo lavoro.👍

Cheers.

Thanks Benedikt, glad you like it :thumbsup: 

 

16 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Another masterpiece!  :worthy:

 

John

 

 

Way too kind, John - thank you :thumbsup:

 

14 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Utterly brilliant. Your attention to even the smallest detail is unrivaled. Everything looks so perfect. Fabulous WIP too. 👏👏👏👏 so yes. Which Flying piano is next? 🤫

 

Johnny 

Thank Johnny, glad you like it! :thumbsup: As I said, my next is going to be an F-4... :winkgrin:  :D 

 

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Excellent G! Just that!!

 

K

Cheers Keith, thank you :thumbsup:

 

Ciao

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome result Giorgio! Fantastic modelling and attention to detail as always. :worthy:

Hope you and yours are keeping well.

Kind regards,

Stix

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, giemme said:

My next "helicopter" is going to be an F-4 Phantom,

 

Yay....!!!! Great choice G, it'll look great with rotor blades.....!! 🤣

 

K

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Your painting and finishing skills (what am I saying? I mean all your modelling skills) are just exquisite G.  As is the Stuka (obvs.....) 😀

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That really is quite fantastic Giorgio. Everything about it exudes quality workmanship and realism. Absolutely love it!

 

Terry

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...