"Picchiatello", the Italian Stuka - Ju 87 B-2

On 14/01/2021 at 10:09, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

[Stonking Stuk-ery, Giorgio, obvs]

Cheers Crisp, thanks :thumbsup:

No modelling done during the week, I'm afraid. I managed some during the WE, though; basically, slowly adding details to the engine and firewall.

Engine: I added some pipes and a vane from 0.3mm solder and plastic rod, to detail the cooling system

engine48

engine49

This side, I added the filling pipe and cap, again from plastic rod

engine50

The cowling mounting frames received a coat of decanted Tamiya Gloss Aluminium, by airbrush

engine51

While I had it in the airbrush cup, I gave a blast to the supercharger intake, to check for blemishes

engine52

engine53

A few dents, as expected, that I filled in with CA and sanded back; I then glued it to the engine (again with CA)

engine54

engine55

The engine is now ready for a paint coat, the remaining details need to be added with the bearers in place.

More details added to the firewall too: the top small reservoir was made from sprue gate (still needs adding a few bits), the cabling from 0.1mm copper wire, the two pipe plugs on the top with plastic tube

firewall24

Still a great deal to add here, but from now on it should be quicker, because it's all in areas clear of the engine.

That's it for this update, all comments welcome

Ciao

• Like 19

My periodic overdue catch up Giorgio. What can i say but wow. Superb work, and I do love the attention you are giving that Jumo!

A bit of a masterclass going on here.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 11:01 PM, hendie said:

May be small, but beautifully formed nonetheless

23 hours ago, CedB said:

Seconded! Beautiful detailing Giorgio :) 

14 hours ago, perdu said:

Top notch detailing G, as we have come to expect.

These chaps do seem to have summed matters up nicely.  I can only endorse their submissions.  P’raps they’re hiding some legal training? ;)

Edited by Fritag
  • Haha 7

On 22/12/2020 at 7:29, giemme said:

Gracias, Ian :Pulgares hacia arriba: . Cuento con el motor y el firewall completamente detallados para ocultar la forma incorrecta del fuselaje; con todo en su lugar, una vista frontal completa solo debería mostrar el motor.: winkgrin:

Muchas gracias, Carlos. :Pulgares hacia arriba: Me alegro de que te guste. ¿Quieres publicar una foto de tu modelo terminado?

Ciao

Hello friend, I have been disconnected for a while, but hey, here are the photos of the finished model and part of the painting process:

33. FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.32 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.34 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.35 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.36 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.3 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.2 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.5 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.4 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.8 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.10 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.23 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

33.29 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

I want to emphasize that after I painted it, I realized the error in the kit regarding the color of the LETTER "C" decal and the color reference of its nose, which, due to the coding system, does not It must be yellow but blue, so I had to repaint both the letter "C" and the nose of the plane, I have a few photos of these corrections published on Instagram at the following address: (I have not shown many photos of that fix due to possibly posting an article with this kit so I can't spread them much for now while they decide whether to post it or not):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKR_OM5l-nA/?hl=es-la

• Like 9

Beautifully measured work Giorgio. Sorry I won’t mention size again*

I’m loving the detail going on.  It’s already making me boggle at how much better she’s going to look. Bravo dear boy. 👌

* I might. 🤣

• Haha 2

On 17/01/2021 at 23:22, Terry1954 said:

My periodic overdue catch up Giorgio. What can i say but wow. Superb work, and I do love the attention you are giving that Jumo!

A bit of a masterclass going on here.

Terry

Cheers Terry, thank you - glad you like it :thumbsup: The Jumo engine requires a great deal of attention to be presentable, and I still have more to do

On 18/01/2021 at 00:01, hendie said:

May be small, but beautifully formed nonetheless

On 18/01/2021 at 01:30, CedB said:

Seconded! Beautiful detailing Giorgio :) 

We are still talking about the engine, right? :rofl: Thanks Alan and Ced, much appreciated :thumbsup:

On 18/01/2021 at 10:33, perdu said:

Top notch detailing G, as we have come to expect.

I love that pipework.

Thanks Bill, there's gonna be much more pipework, stay tuned :winkgrin: :thumbsup:

On 18/01/2021 at 12:31, Brandy said:

That should look the business under a coat of paint Lovely detail Giorgio!

Ian

I sue hope so, Ian - thank you :thumbsup: As a matter of fact, last night I did spray it with a black base coat and a top dark grey one - I should be able to post some pics tonight

On 18/01/2021 at 22:09, PlaStix said:

Absolutely superb progress Giorgio. Your attention to the small details is to the fore again. Very impressive as always. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Way too kind Stix - thank you :thumbsup:

On 18/01/2021 at 23:09, VT Red Sox Fan said:

Giorgio, While I really like the lines, I must say that for some reason I am very impressed with the connectors, I believe this will be a highlight under weathering.  Thanks for posting... this looks great!  Best, Erwin

Thanks Erwin :thumbsup: As you say, the connectors should be quite a prominent feature - there's more to add to get that busy look, though :) 

On 19/01/2021 at 00:13, Fritag said:

These chaps do seem to have summed matters up nicely.  I can only endorse their submissions.  P’raps they’re hiding some legal training? ;)

:rofl: Endorsement much appreciated, Steve :D :thumbsup: 

16 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Great work there Giorgio sir.

Looking forward to seeing the engine get some paint on.

Stay safe.

Simon.

Thanks Simon :thumbsup: As I said, there has been paint, just wait till next update :winkgrin:

16 hours ago, Carlos Eduardo Navarro Ocando said:

Hello friend, I have been disconnected for a while, but hey, here are the photos of the finished model and part of the painting process:

33.29 FINAL VIEW OF THE FINISHED MODEL

Wow, impressive camo job there, Carlos :clap: 

15 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Beautifully measured work Giorgio. Sorry I won’t mention size again*

Yeah, sure .... :rofl:  :rofl: 

15 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

I’m loving the detail going on.  It’s already making me boggle at how much better she’s going to look. Bravo dear boy. 👌

Hopefully so, Johnny :fingerscrossed:  :thumbsup:

Ciao

• Like 3

Here's a quick update, as promised. But before, a couple of new toys tools (heck, I keep misspelling that word :D ) have arrived:

Molotow Liquid Chrome Pen, 1 and 2mm point

molotow

and a cordless minidrill, to complement my Dremel for small duties

minidrill

Back to the model: the engine received a Tamiya Flat Black coat, followed by a mix of Flat Black and German Grey, airbrushed from the top

engine56

It doesn't really show from the above pic, but the idea was to start building some depth. I then removed the blue tack masking and airbrushed a protective Future coat

engine57

engine58

Then I went on with four rounds of drybrushing, in this order: Lifecolor Dark Grey, Dark Gull Grey, Light Gull and Italeri Flat Steel. The detail painting was done with Lifecolor for the green and brown, a mix of Italeri Flat Steel and Gloss Brass and the Molotow pen. The radiator and oil cooler also received a black tempera wash, and so did the supercharger intake

engine59

engine60

engine61

engine62

engine63

engine64

engine65

Some touch ups to do, then I was thinking of spraying on a light Tamiya Smoke coat, followed (or maybe preceded) by a flat clear coat.

Only after that, I can add the cowling frames and the engine bearers, and complete the pipe work. Still lots to do :frantic:

All comments welcome, as usual

Ciao

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, giemme said:

Aquí hay una actualización rápida, como se prometió. Pero antes,  han llegado un par de nuevas herramientas de juguetes (diablos, sigo escribiendo mal esa palabra :RE😞

Bolígrafo Molotow Liquid Chrome, punta de 1 y 2 mm

Molotow

y un minitaladro inalámbrico, para complementar mi Dremel para pequeñas tareas

minitaladro

Volviendo al modelo: el motor recibió una capa Tamiya Flat Black, seguida de una mezcla de Flat Black y German Grey, retocada desde la parte superior

motor56

Realmente no se muestra en la imagen de arriba, pero la idea era comenzar a construir algo de profundidad. Luego quité la máscara de tachuela azul y apliqué con aerógrafo una capa protectora Future

motor57

motor58

Luego continué con cuatro rondas de pincel seco, en este orden: Lifecolor Dark Grey, Dark Gull Grey, Light Gull e Italeri Flat Steel. La pintura de detalle se realizó con Lifecolor para el verde y el marrón, una mezcla de Italeri Flat Steel y Gloss Brass y el bolígrafo Molotow. El radiador y el enfriador de aceite también recibieron un lavado de temple negro, al igual que la admisión del supercargador.

motor59

motor60

motor61

motor62

motor63

engine64

motor65

Algunos retoques para hacer, luego estaba pensando en rociar sobre una capa ligera de Tamiya Smoke, seguida (o tal vez precedida) por una capa transparente lisa.

Solo después de eso, puedo agregar los bastidores de la capota y los soportes del motor, y completar el trabajo de las tuberías. Todavía hay mucho por hacer:frenético:

Todos los comentarios son bienvenidos, como siempre.

Ciao

simplemente... mis respetos... gran trabajo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Carlos Eduardo Navarro Ocando said:

simplemente... mis respetos... gran trabajo

Muchas gracias, Carlos :thumbsup: 

9 hours ago, fubar57 said:

Lovely work Giorgio. I need those pens......for reasons

George

Thanks George :thumbsup:  Of course you need them, they're great! Then, you can do what I do: blame @CedB... :D 

(actually, I should be thanking him for the multiple great pointers... :winkgrin:)

9 hours ago, bbudde said:

Great work G.

Cheers Benedikt, thanks :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

That engine is beautiful. 👌

Glad you like it, Johnny :thumbsup: Still quite a way to go, though

8 hours ago, hendie said:

Wow!

That's all I can say

8 hours ago, CedB said:

Me too :) 

40 minutes ago, Biggles87 said: