701 - Dassault Mercure

halcyonjet

3 hours ago, halcyonjet said:

I've never seen that Caravelle,

I'm trying to find out about what I have, from Wez with the Book. It's old, maybe 50s, but it doesn't tally with the refs on Scalemates. 

Instructions are reminiscent of the Williams Bros style, but in French. Kit product no. is RL318. 

IMG_20201207_210401

IMG_20201207_212145

Contemporary with the plane itself, I'd say.. 

But your build caught my eye with the raised panel lines, deep etch doors and general old kit style. 

That's why I looked in the box, that's why I want to see how you get on here. 👀👍😁

• Like 2

I recently picked up a re-boxed VEB Plastcart Mercure in 1/100 scale. Yes they are basic, but not too expensive from ebay.de

You want obscure? I took delivery of a 1/72 Baade 152 a couple of weeks ago. It's resin, but very nice.

• Like 1

rob Lyttle The Caravelle certainly looks good on paper!

bentwaters81tfw The Baade152 is very obsure, and most interesting. I've just bought a book about Interflug which has a chapter on it.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I've completed the wings at last -scribing the spoilers on the top of the wings and making up some wingtip lights from clear sprue. That was certainly a test of my patience, as the 'carpet monster' snaffled the first light just as it was being glued on. Almost ready for some paint now...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dave

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the main body and wings sorted -joins cleaned up and relevant panels scribed. The main undercarriage doors proved very fiddly as they wanted to drop into the wheel wells, but some strips of plastic gave them something to rest on in the end.

It is now sporting a coat of Halfords grey primer in preparation for the white upper fuselage to follow.

Luckily I was able to restock my supply of Halfords spray paint just hours before the latest lockdown, whilst accompanying my brother to hospital. While he was getting his broken arm attended to, I nipped round there to stock up. Every cloud eh?

I've left the tailplanes off for now to ease getting the blue cheatlines on.

spacer.png

Dave

• Like 4