Oops, I done it again! Restoring a Koster PB4Y-2 Privateer

23 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Fantastic stuff! I missed this on its first outing, good to catch up with such a rare bird in the process of rehabilitation 👍

I can see it's in good hands though 😉

Thanks Alan, good maybe but definitly shakey...

giphy.gif

And thanks for following along😎

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

Thanks Alan, good maybe but definitly shakey...

giphy.gif

And thanks for following along😎

What a movie 👍 

I'm sure glad you are putting in all this work.  As soon as you finish, Tamiya will announce a 1/48 Privateer.  It will cost $229 (USD) but I have to have one.  😄

2 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

I'm sure glad you are putting in all this work.  As soon as you finish, Tamiya will announce a 1/48 Privateer.  It will cost $229 (USD) but I have to have one.  😄

Your probably right. Be my luck. There is a resin 1/48 Privateer at that price but I don't know the quality. just that it would be HEAVY and definitely not my Brother.😎

38 minutes ago, Ad-4N said:

Don't care I’ll buy it ! Ive actually been inside of one and its very much on my wants list. 

• Like 1

Quick update while waiting for stuff to print and stock to arrive. I got the main seams sanded down and 99% filled and added the tail assembly.

51060075528_f540335585_c.jpg

There are a few spots to go over again and re-scribe the filled panel lines. But over all this old girl is starting to take shape once again. I'll try to get more uploaded later in the week.

Until later stay healthy, stay safe.

• Like 2