724 - Renault Vivastella COMPLETE

Dean Whiston

Build number one ready to go, a Renault Vivastella (1981) - brought this off eBay last year as part of a “bogof” package - this was brand new the freeby was a Heller Citroen Trefle that had been started badly and had warped runners.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Hoping it turns out as well as the Trefle 

spacer.png

• Like 14

In an earlier post we were talking about the 25th aniversary catalogue with the Paris bus on the front - just dug it out and found that Heller did a really good collection of cars. The one that catches my eye is their Citroen 11/15 group, with the 11 in 1/43 and the 15 Traction Avant in both 1/24 and 1/8 - reminds me of the original TV Maigret with Rupert Brooks. They did some decent motorbikes as well.

Pete

And we are off ............

today I have mainly been cleaning up engine and chassis parts - prominent mold lines, sink marks and ejection pin marks.  I remember this fun from the Trefle; I also remembered to check if the mark will be seen when complete having spent hours on the Trefle fixing stuff that was covered completely when it was finished 🤪

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

Ok engine is done for now  - I’ll add the ht leads, fuel lines etc once it’s in the chassis - the chassis is almost there just final assembly of the various sub components and a spot of paint.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

next on the bench is cleaning up the bodywork and filling the “many” ejection pin and sink marks. After that I’ll look to strip the “chrome” off the chrome runner as most of the parts will need mold lines removed so will need repainting anyway.

it’s been fun so far 😁

• Like 10

That engine is looking pretty darn good. A little bit of wiring should finish it off nicely. 

Edit: and I hate pin marks. The AFV Club trucks I'm building are littered with them as well! 

Bodywork in progress - some filling required but not as much as I thought there maybe 😁 - roof is just loose fitted for now, needed a fair amount of fettling to get it to fit ok - I’ve put it to one side now to cure before “making good” and a first coat of primer

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 10

Nice work Dean. 

1 hour ago, Dean Whiston said:

quite a poor fit so needs a lot of filling and sanding ☹️

Isn't that how it's supposed to go in a Heller GB? 🙂 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dean. 

Just saw your post on Heller Forever fbook page, but I thought I'd better not start yakking away in English ‼️

And Google translate has some serious shortcomings, as we all know from the garbled english text that sometimes gets posted on here. 

I'm feeling better at French already 😎

There are some great builds on the main forum, but I haven't got the hang of navigating it yet, and I'm not fully registered. 

Heller Forever, C'est un défi à relever

1 hour ago, rob Lyttle said:

Hi Dean. 

Just saw your post on Heller Forever fbook page, but I thought I'd better not start yakking away in English ‼️

And Google translate has some serious shortcomings, as we all know from the garbled english text that sometimes gets posted on here. 

I'm feeling better at French already 😎

There are some great builds on the main forum, but I haven't got the hang of navigating it yet, and I'm not fully registered. 

Heller Forever, C'est un défi à relever

😊 don’t know why you were castigated on your french and I haven’t been - google translate can be interesting and I have to say I did correct a couple of translations before posting as with even with my relatively basic french they were obviously wrong ! 

I have had a quick skim of the main forum and it looks interesting i may look to join at some point 😊

• Like 1

Ok it’s ready for paint / all the remaining parts cleaned up (which meant most of the “chrome” had to be removed to get rid of mold lines and sink marks) - white undercoat applied.

spacer.png

I’ll give it a couple of days to harden off then look to shoot the cream 

• Like 4