724 - Renault Vivastella COMPLETE

Dean Whiston

1 minute ago, rob Lyttle said:

All good with the Vivastella?? 😎

Still waiting paint - compressor issue now resolved but SWMBO has decided I’m decorating the bathroom before Christmas so all modelling is severely curtailed ☹️

still hoping it (and the Arado & La Réale) will be done before the closing date though 🤞

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @Dean Whiston

Any chance of some pictures of the new bathroom, and perhaps you could sneak the Renault into one of the pictures  ?

Cheers Pat 

Unfortunately I have neither ☹️

day 1 of the bathroom renovation lead to 2 cracked ribs after slipping in the bath whilst installing the new taps - progress has therefore been somewhat slower than planned😳

I finally managed to get some modelling done yesterday on the Arado - I think the Vivastella will miss the deadline now but still hoping to get the other 2 done

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Dean Whiston said:

day 1 of the bathroom renovation lead to 2 cracked ribs after slipping in the bath whilst installing the new taps - progress has therefore been somewhat slower than planned😳

Ouch, you don't say! Good luck with that!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Get well soon Dean.

Will Mrs Whiston be bringing in tea and toast to you while you sit up in bed with the modelling tray on your lap ?

Cheers Pat 

😆 not a chance -  ibuprofen and take things a bit slower with the bathroom (and plenty of wine in the evenings to soothe the ache !)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the Arado and La Reale done I’m back on this one - not sure I’ll get it done by the deadline but I’ll give it a go.

Tonight I have therefore been mainly painting cream and chocolate- the cream is done bar a bit of touching up the chocolate will need a couple more coats 

spacer.png

• Like 8

Bit more progress this weekend - exhaust installed and wheels done bar the chrome centre covers

spacer.png

main colours on the body done and first gloss coat on

spacer.png

radiator picked out in black ready for the chrome

spacer.png

quieter work week this coming week so hopefully I can move it on a bit quicker 

• Like 8

work was less quiet than expected so I’ve got less done than planned - however it’s moved on a bit - most of the interior is “almost” done - radiator grill done just the headlight glass to add - final gloss coat done on most of the body work

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

hopefully I can get the interior and engine bay done this week and move on the adding the exterior details 

• Like 5

today I have mainly being painting chrome - windows; running boards; top of the radiator; indicator housings and various other details - bit of gloss varnish tomorrow and these will be finished

the body is now also permanantly joined to the chassis

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Next will be the bonnet - some respray required following an earlier cock-up and some chrome for the many handles

You never know i might get this done by the closing date after all

• Like 6

• Dean Whiston changed the title to 724 - Renault Vivastella COMPLETE