Rigging plan/Albatros D.III Oeffag

PhilChris

Good evening all,

Hope you are all keeping well and safe. I have just made a start on Eduard 1/48 Albatros D.III Oeffag 253. There is a little bit of info with the kit about the rigging but nothing too detailed and I was wondering if anyone of you has any good info on that? 

Thank in advance,

Christophe

13 hours ago, europapete said:

look at wingnut wing's website, go to the Albtross D5, and look at rhe instructiobs, has a nice rigging diagram. The D3 was very similar.  Regards, Pete in RI

Thank you, will do just that.

Chris

Hello Duncan, and I can see what you mean about the packing.  My kit from you was fine but a friend who got one direct from China had the broken cockpit coming.  The seat sprue was packed directly under the wing sprue and so had pushed up and snapped if the centre wing section. It is a very easy fix but is interesting to see the difference of level of detail between the Meng and WNW production.  
Andrew.  

On 10/1/2020 at 12:28 PM, PhilChris said:

... on Eduard 1/48 Albatros D.III Oeffag 253. There is a little bit of info with the kit about the rigging but nothing too detailed and I was wondering if anyone of you has any good info on that?

Hi Christophe,

go to Craftlab site, they made an airworthy reproduction of 253.24, flown by  Hptm Benno Fiala Ritter von Ferrnbrugg, commander Flik 51 in summer/fall 18. There are a lot of pictures and are worthy a visit anyway. 

Cheers, Guenther 

• Like 4