1/48 Tamiya F4U Birdcage Corsair

This will be my first build shared on this site, so happy to share.  This is from the 1:48 Tamiya F4U Birdcage Corsair kit.  It was a fun and easy kit to put together and gives a great result.  Paints for the tri-color scheme were mostly Ammo by Mig for the blues.  Kit was built out of box with aftermarket decals from Eagle Strike.  Markings represent a plane located in Munda, Solomon Islands in 1943.

A55AE9B6-45CB-4F5A-A6B2-D0F9D609F9F5 1AF27D22-9CA0-4B5B-9E9D-2B149FB622B0 CAC8DCCC-7400-4D5D-8FC6-AA52AA12B2B3 05070C69-0306-43FE-97AD-21F75002D160

• Like 14

Very nice, the soft edge transition from each colour to the next is very well done and the hues of colour look just right. On the gun ports there is a white line. Is that representing a tape that has the same function as the red tape seen on RAF aircraft gun ports?

Cheers

Pete

36 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

Very nice, the soft edge transition from each colour to the next is very well done and the hues of colour look just right.

I have to agree. Very nicely done model.

52 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

Very nice, the soft edge transition from each colour to the next is very well done and the hues of colour look just right. On the gun ports there is a white line. Is that representing a tape that has the same function as the red tape seen on RAF aircraft gun ports?

Cheers

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for the comments.  Yes, the tape over the guns is exactly the same concept as the red tape often seen on RAF aircraft.  From what I have read, it was also apparently common to apply white tape over certain panel lines to contain fluid leaks.