DKM Graf Zeppelin

beefy66

OK making a space for a long term build (Yes another one) but with a difference a sort of WHIF or WTF if you prefer.

I,ll be using the Trumpeter 1/350 PETER STRASSER Aircraft carrier kit but going to bling it up with the INFINI detail upset for the Graf Zeppelin hence the title now Zeppelin was launched and used as target practice and evaluation by the Russians after the end of WW2

So this will just be my imagination going wild for some reason while doing a bit of research on this I found a build by Hyun Soo Kim based on the world of warships game and camouflage scheme bit like the dazzle scheme that Tirpitz wore at some point

So it will be a slow one and a learning one for me but if anyone wants to join in with some help or just entertainment please do so.

here we go with some box and bits shots the detail set is quite full  😱

spacer.png

spacer.png

Even has a flying saucer kit too  🤔

spacer.png

can you guess where I got these from

spacer.png

Like I said it will be slow  :hypnotised:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 14

35 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

... this will just be my imagination going wild ...

Now this will be fun to watch. :popcorn:

37 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

... Like I said it will be slow  :hypnotised: ...

Nothing wrong with that.  More time for refreshments. :drink:

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Will be following with great interest and restraint. Have the Zeppelin in the stash and am looking at the aftermarket sets for a build, however, I have to do the Titanic first or the CIC,👩‍🦰, will have my head for exceeding the naval budget.😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

OOoohhh Seasonal pantomime!!   :clap2:

Nah - only joking - Thsi is going to be good1

I'm in :coolio:

Rob

Well you might just think this is a pantomime when you see the outcome 🤪

6 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

When is this hitting the bench mate :whistle:

Going to be making a start on this tomorrow I say starting but it might take me a while to study what needs to go where with the detail set there’s quite a big instruction sheet for it and a bit to remove first do not want to do the usual trick of building up parts only to find it should have been replaced. Learned my lesson with that method. :rage:

Stay Safe 

beefy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Excuse me has anyone seen beefies plot cos he's gone and lost it again..........................:hypnotised:

:giggle:

Going to be different

Avoid the numpties and stay safe

Kev

Well when I started on the Fletcher build everyone thought that i had gone stark raving mad when I pulled out the dremel but look who's doing it now at the next level and enjoying it I suspect  :coolio:

Stay Safe

and never let them think you are sane :banghead:

beefy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Well when I started on the Fletcher build everyone thought that i had gone stark raving mad when I pulled out the dremel

Not so much stark raving mad, more like "WTF's he doing?" 😀 Gidday Beefy, this'll be good. And the beauty of a whif is that you can let your imagination run a little bit, or a lot. On day I'd planned on converting a Prinz Eugen kit into Weser (nee Seydlitz), so I'll be interested in how this turns out.

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Well when I started on the Fletcher build everyone thought that i had gone stark raving mad when I pulled out the dremel but look who's doing it now at the next level and enjoying it I suspect  :coolio:

:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, beefy66 said:

and never let them think you are sane :banghead:

That's for the grown ups :penguin:

Carry on Sir! This is going to be fun

Avoid the numpties and stay safe

Kev

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeeKay said:

Looking forward to this mate, you bringing it down tonight?

OH yes with all the bells and whistles  :hypnotised:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 7:59 AM, Courageous said:

Stop faffing about Beefy and get stuck in. With this 'WTF' build, anything goes..

Not quite anything Stuart I will not be building the fly saucer  👽

And so It has started couple of hours last night at the art class ?? or so we are now known instead of model club  :whistle: if the politicians can get away with it why not join them  :book: loopholes.

Hull halfs glued and some main parts dry fitted

spacer.png

and some brass work that will go with it

spacer.png

And a bit play with some other parts

spacer.png

So the ZEP looks like it did coming out of the ship yard now

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 9

On 10/1/2020 at 7:53 PM, Michael M said:

I'm in, I'll annoy you with some 'tips' ;) 

Michael annoy away I need all the help I can get most here think it should be from a Psychiatrist though  :banghead:

4 hours ago, Courageous said:

Well, that bit of 'art' is rather big. Where are you going to dock it when it's built?

Stuart funny but the missus was asking that same question last night and she said I should get a display cabinet for the model room I have learned a long time ago not to argue so will be paying a visit to IKEA  soon 😉

1 hour ago, robgizlu said:

Agree with Stuart - big old thing and lightening progress by my standards.

As to Art - 3D - Yes IMHO :clap2:

Rob the progress might slow up quite a bit when I start on all the little shiny stuff

Bit of a size comparison to other 1/350 scale stuff on the bench need to get my finger out I know Stuart so swift will be getting most of the attention this week to clear some space

spacer.png

The hanger and boat deck will need some clean up for some reason Trumpeter have all the ejector pin marks on the side you will see instead of the other face that will not be seen

spacer.png

The hull has what looks like ballast tanks that I think are also part of the armour belt looks like something from a submarine

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...