Revell AD-5 Skyraider

Saddler

Hi Folks, I’ve not posted my work(on here)for some time but would like to share my latest build with you. It’s Revells 1/48 fat face Skyraider. Picked it up for £10 from The Works website(uk) as I’ve always liked Skyraider’s but not been willing to part with Hasegawa prices. It’s the old Matchbox kit I believe and is lacking in detail with raised panel lines(which I re-scribed). Really enjoyed the build and fairly pleased with the result, the wing joints were a pain as was the ‘blue rinse’ for the rear glazing. Main paints are hataka lacquer for LGG and Tamiya white. I thought the hataka white was too dark. Quite pleased with the result but feel free to comment.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Your re-scribing looks great

I totally agree, that's great re-scribing. Its something I really struggle with. You've worked wonders with this old kit and made a silk purse from a sows ear.

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete in a shed said:

I totally agree, that's great re-scribing. Its something I really struggle with. You've worked wonders with this old kit and made a silk purse from a sows ear.

Cheers

Pete

Ta Pete, it's the first time I've tried it on an unbuilt model, which is much easier than trying on a built airframe. I used a Tamiya and a trumpeter scriber.👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

That Matchbox plastic scrubs up pretty well.  Your re-scribing looks great, as does the blue glazing-- I've yet to attempt such a bold tinting job.

For the tint I used klear and a little Tamiya blue paint. Brushed it on.