Panhard AML-90

Spruetastic

Hi Guys,

I wonder if anyone can help me please with the colours used inside the Panhard AML-90 tankette when it was in service?

If at all possible some pictures would be very much appreciated. There are quite a few videos on the net that show exteriors but very few interiors and then they tend to be restored examples.

Thank you to anyone that replies.

Regards all. Stay safe.

Dave

Hi,

That is what I thought might be the case. From the images I have viewed though I could not decide if it should be all white,  light grey or possibly a combination of both light grey and white. White seems an obvious choice to me to brighten the interior.

Would the hatch lids also be white on the inside faces?

Regards,

Dave

Edited by Spruetastic

I've just bought the Haynes Panhard AML book: you can find it for £8.99 now.  The interior photos in there show the interior of the crew and engine compartments to be white.  In general, hatch interiors on most vehicles were painted the outside colour in order not to stand out.  The AML seems to be the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for the late response to your reply, thank you for your comments they are spot on.

I did a lot of research after my post and decided to paint the inside with an off-white to "pre-age" the finish and it worked quite successfully. I did paint the crew hatches Nato Green, but according to the colour pamphlet in the Tiger kit it looks a little too dark. I adjusted Nato Brown considerably by adding red and yellow to come close to what is shown on the pamphlet and the rest is done in Nato Black.

Now I just need to buy a Molotow Chrome pen for the inside of the lights and wing mirrors and have yet to paint the hand tools. The smaller of the two canvas packs I modified to go on the front and I also made parts from scrap sprue to accept the spare wheel on top of the turret. That required moving the ventilator.  Interestingly no provision is made for mounting the spare wheel in the kit, which is a strange omission!

The engine bay doors and turret hatches have been posed open as will be the drivers hatch and I will post some pics when everything is finalised.

Currently I am just finishing off a 1/48 Eduard Yak-3, which I started some time ago and also building a Kubelwagen Type 82 for a diorama with a 1/48 scale Eduard FW-190A-8 - I like to run more than one project at a time.

Stay safe.

Regards,

Dave