Halifax/huddersfield show 2021

It is with regret that on behalf of IPMS Wakefield I have to announce that the show will not be able to go ahead in February next year.  We are considering the possibility of holding a show later in the year and a further announcement will be made if and when the situation is clearer.

Geoff Milnes

• Like 3

Understandable. It was the last show I was able to get to this year so has some nice memories.

Lets hope normal service can resume at some point in 2021.

• Like 1

Sad to hear this but totally understand this decision. Really do enjoy the show and it's the only one i always attend every year. Hopefully the show can be re-organised for later in the year.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

Sadly I think 2021 will be much the same as 2020 for shows with no clear end in sight for any tested vaccines thank god for BM so we can at least show something of our work  :rage:

So miss these shows for inspiration and actually meeting like minded people  :mental:

Stay Safe ALL

beefy

• Like 4

Sorry to hear this as it was my most local show and the last one I went to earlier this year. Inevitable under the circumstances, still not holding my breath for SMW in 2021 at this rate 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Sadly I think 2021 will be much the same as 2020 for shows with no clear end in sight for any tested vaccines thank god for BM so we can at least show something of our work  :rage:

So miss these shows for inspiration and actually meeting like minded people  :mental:

Stay Safe ALL

beefy

Beefy, do let us know if you ever manage 🤣

DB

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Duncan I think you and Steve are the most like minded people I know in the modelling fraternity I Know we all like the favoured biscuit of the Jaffa cake but Steve looks like he has the edge or should I say shape. 🤔

Stay Safe

beefy  

• Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...

'Morning.

Just an update on this.

We had thought about early April for t'show, where Cosford have cancelled, but that too is clearly a non-starter. Our venue for the last two years has been closed for the last 6/12: we Halifaxers do seem to be peculiarly contagious! That venue is open next week. At least, that's what they said last week. So, I can hopefully talk to them about what we, maybe, can do and when.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, beefy66 said:

Stay Safe ALL

beefy

I do agree with all of those sentiments, Beefy. I would say, wearing my medical hat a little, that if you predicate life starting again on a vaccine being available, you are going to be disappointed. There aren't very useful vaccines for any of the coronaviridae described previously and naturally immunity to Sars-Covid-2 seems to be quite short lived. I think a likelier way out is probably going to be track and trace that works, and case numbers sufficiently low for track and trace to work.

Please keep an open mind about our show, and shows generally, and I do hope you'll feel able to come when we can do the show.

Alan

• Like 3
On 10/2/2020 at 10:38 PM, beefy66 said:

Duncan I think you and Steve are the most like minded people I know in the modelling fraternity I Know we all like the favoured biscuit of the Jaffa cake but Steve looks like he has the edge or should I say shape. 🤔

Stay Safe

beefy  

Beefy,

Be very careful. There was a legal judgement to say that Jaffa cakes are "cakes" and not "biscuits". That is to say that you don't pay VAT on Jaffa cakes. The mods will come and get you for trades' descriptions.

Alan

• Haha 4