Lighting and Eagle Transporter

Has anyone got any experience with lighting for kits? I normally hang around the aircraft end of the forum so this is a new territory for me.

I’m going to do a 14” MPC Eagle Transporter (got one cheap-ish due to a very slightly damaged box) on a landing pad with a crew access gantry. Lighting the pad will be easy as I’ll use battery powered LED fairly lights through holes drilled in the base. Lighting the kit however will be different as I don’t want it wired to the ground. I want some lights in the cockpit and a couple of navigation lamps on the external frame.

Is there a kit available with a small battery pack and switch that I can use to power up to a dozen LEDs? For different colours I’ll use coloured gels (sweet wrappers). I'll mount the battery pack and switch in the Cargo Pod with a removable section of the base held in place with magnets.

That's as good an option as any, although the 3mm LEDs will probably be too big for the 14" Eagle.

One of the reasons there aren't any lighting kits for the eagle is that on the show it didn't have any.

• Like 1