Spares for ICM kits any advice?

andyh59

Just started building the ICM 1/48 Heinkel He11H-3 and unfortunately a couple of the transparencies are cracked and need replacing. Has anyone had any experience of obtaining spare parts from ICM? Thanks in advance - Andy

It's been a while - maybe 10 years - so things could have changed, but I had to request replacement transparencies for a couple of ICM's 1/72 I-16 kits. The transaction took maybe 2 months and one or two reminder emails, but eventually I got what I wanted. Good luck; all I can suggest (especially now) is to be patient.

John

Thanks for your input John & Alain, have got in touch with ICM requesting replacements. Looks like this project goes back on the shelf for a while!!!!!!

Cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update and acknowledgement to ICM within 6 weeks of first emailing them, regarding the damaged transparent part in my He111H-3 kit , I received a complete sprue of the transparencies for this kit😄. Excellent after sales service.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, andyh59 said:

Just a quick update and acknowledgement to ICM within 6 weeks of first emailing them, regarding the damaged transparent part in my He111H-3 kit , I received a complete sprue of the transparencies for this kit😄. Excellent after sales service.

Happy for you.

Best regard

Alain

Agree about ICM. Years ago I found that the right fuselage on a Spitfire was short-shot. Not expecting much after dealing with Tamiya and Revell, I sent ICM an email and a few weeks later received the fuselage part and the entire tree it was attached to

22 minutes ago, fubar57 said:

Agree about ICM. Years ago I found that the right fuselage on a Spitfire was short-shot. Not expecting much after dealing with Tamiya and Revell, I sent ICM an email and a few weeks later received the fuselage part and the entire tree it was attached to

I must say, I have had exemplary service from both Tamiya and Revell, when seeking parts. Tamiya's service is excellent, they do so much RC parts distribution so it's no effort for them doing sprue spares at a good price, and Revell /Monogram follow up with parts,  even if it takes a bit longer, (I'm in Australia). Now, if anyone can tell me how to get parts from Trumpeter, that would be good!!

• Like 2

I was dealing with them in the last century so it is possible that they improved their customer service. The problem I had was that they wanted to sell me the part but the shipping on top of that was almost the cost of the kit itself