Hello from Delaware

Terryz

Hello all,

Well I shall give this a try. As a non youngster I have fallen into a state and am working on a Pocher 1/8. No, don't get too excited, it is not a full build. But a rebuild and restore of a prior build. The k72 Rolls Sedanca. If I can figure out how to start a page for it I shall. And if I can sort an easy way to link/post pictures I may also attempt that. It looks like Flickr is an option to consider. In the meantime I will try to post a few notes on it as I attempt my modeling skills on this one.

Thanks also to the cordial welcome and greetings from some of the seasoned members.

Kind regards

Terry

• Like 3

Welcome Terry, look forward to seeing your build.  Second vote here for Imgur, its free and dead easy to use, especially as I use the Imgur Community Extension for Chrome.  It adds a button to your browser which when clicked opens an Imgur tab with your gallery, you drag and drop images into it, and then each image has a 'copy link' button, paste that into your post and the forum displays the image.

Hello all and thank you. Greetings to all and thank you for the kind words and welcome. I am north of the C&D canal in northern Delaware in the US.

I will look at those two upload options. Thanks for the suggestions. And yes..... I'll let my two daughters 12&16 help me figure it out. I won't likely myself.

The rebuild is of an earlier one done for the k72. It is in naked black polystyrene and doesn't look too bad. I'm thinking though, and again I'll let my little ones help.... I might two tone the lower body recesses with light light yellow or an early Rolls yellow. Ala the James Bond Goldfinger Rolls. Time will tell. I've always liked that look.

For now I have simply disassembled most and located or rebuilt as needed. I went back through one of the medicine bottles and forgot that I do have the lower intake I think expansion chamber as well the rear license plate with all sequins. Glad I didn't go get them!

Still sorry no pics..... but for now my N scale and prior work with Rivarossi Italy locomotive shells is helping immensely. I've rebuilt and stabilized the front wings (fenders) with small slivers of old black polystyrene floppy disc cases. Had to recreate the left front forward tab entirely. Works nicely. I've also fashioned from 0.025 stainless one of the rear suspension clips (part #72008-04-K). For not using my LED 3x loop but bare old eyes, calipers, and drills and files. I'll give a B+. Got to get a picture for us.

Thanks again and I am happy to be part of this bunch.

Ps. Thanks again to all. And also to Mike & Codger for the ideas and help.

For those interested..... I've started an entry under Vehicles for the k72 rebuild. It is under this topic...... 

Pocher k72 Rolls Sedanca 1/8 rebuild - The Black Cat

thanks again for the thougts and support.