De Havilland Mosquito B Mk.IV Tamiya 1/72

Hi, here goes another bird in 1/72. This time the beautiful Mosquito. Not the best kit from Tamiya, in particular the fit at the back of the engines with the wings and the connection between wings and fuselage, but at the end it looks OK. I've spent sometime with the paint job and trying to do some subtle weathering.

At the end I've enjoined the built so much that decided to get the amazing 1/32 scale version from Tamiya that I'm planning to build in the near future.

tlANlUB.jpg

jDDcHCX.jpg

gxIkbRV.jpg

K5nsXbU.jpg

dQoKFqT.jpg

f2gjVFp.jpg
k8oDtfO.jpg

E8PzZAC.jpg

J4lplzc.jpg

SQ7U8kH.jpg

6ewAAZY.jpg

20jChz0.jpg

qTtongx.jpg

Cheers,

Jorge

Edited by JrivasK
  • Like 61

Looks excellent!

The Tamiya kit (in 1/72) is often held up for comparison with Hasegawa's release (of about the same vintage, I think).

Many suggest the Tamiya is the better choice.

I would think it is ripe for Airfix to do a new tool Mozzie to better both of them.

Anyway, your build is a real inspiration and I wouldn't mind getting one for my stash.

👍👍

2 hours ago, SAT69 said:

To look at the model, you'd never know there were issues with the build. Beautifully done. Congratulations!

Thank you, yes there was a couple of issues but nothing too bad. The most problematic was the top triangular shape at the back of the engines where there was massive gaps and seem lines needed to be filled. 

59 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

This is a beautiful model! Very good

Thank you very much!

31 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Wow! Nicely done!

Chris

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, kapam said:

Looks excellent!

The Tamiya kit (in 1/72) is often held up for comparison with Hasegawa's release (of about the same vintage, I think).

Many suggest the Tamiya is the better choice.

I would think it is ripe for Airfix to do a new tool Mozzie to better both of them.

Anyway, your build is a real inspiration and I wouldn't mind getting one for my stash.

👍👍

Never seen the Hasegawa one. If I'm not wrong this one is from around the 2000?

I'm happy this one can be of help and inspiration. Cheers!

1 hour ago, SoftScience said:

Beautifully executed!

Thank you, I'm happy you like it.

26 minutes ago, Michael51 said:

Great Work!

I must say, that Spitfire steals the scene a bit,

Michael

Thanks Michael! if you like the Spitfire you can check that post here:

Cheers

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Without doubt, this is one of the finest Mosquito models I have seen!

Thank you for your kind words!  but that's a long shot. I've seen many good ones out there in particular in bigger scales, and some truly amazing ones in 1/32. (but thank you again 😉)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

That is a very good bomber Mosquito. The problems you talk about are not evident at all.

Thanks! they were some...but nothing too complicated that a bit of puty and sanding can fix.

3 hours ago, canberraman said:

Sublime. A beautiful build and finish.

Thanks for sharing

Mark

Thank you for commenting! Glad you like it.

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

Love the Mosquito!  Both are really nice, well done.

Thanks! I like them both too 😁

7 hours ago, Jeff G said:

Love this Mosquito, and love the scheme you went with. Certainly under represented! I particularly enjoy the black underside with the Ocean Grey. 

Jeff G, you are right. I haven't seen many with the dark belly night colour scheme, and to me looks awesome (like a mini Lancaster 😉)

On 01/10/2020 at 09:07, tonyot said:

You`ve done a gorgeous job on this Mossie mate and the Spit is no slouch either,....... great job.

Thank you!. I had a blast building both. Those were my first two but their'll be more to come for sure. I got on the bench a 1/32 Tamiya Mossie, and a couple of 1/48 Eduard Mk. I...  And I'm waiting for a 1/72 Lancaster to arrive!

Cheers

• Like 1