Edited: Ford Mustang STGB 10 July to 10 Oct 2021!!!

vppelt68

Hi guys, I'm not one of the regular automotive modellers at the BM, but I do have an interest and some background in car modelling too. How about a car model specific single type group build for the Ford Mustang? Read more here:

Best regards, V-P

I could do this,I have a 1/43 resin kit of an IMSA GTO Mustang racecar if that's ok.The kit is made in the U.S.A too. Group builds have a long leadtime to start from what I've seen,not done yet myself...I think I have a Bullit Mustang too but after a quick look l can't find it yet.Chris.

• Like 1

There´s a 25% rule regarding started builds in a group build. Some GB hosts are more strict in calculating the percentage than others :winkgrin: but with even the already allotted single type group builds taking place in 2022... if you have recently started the IMSA and it´s on a roll, I recommend not to put it on hold to wait to be completed in the GB :rofl2:. On the other hand, if that started kit is on your shelf of shame/doom, the GB may be just the push you need to complete it in good company :thumbsup:. V-P

• Like 1

On 29/09/2020 at 21:35, cmatthewbacon said:

Might encourage me to build the Bullitt fastback (and paint) I have, or the Boss 302... I’d be in.

best,

M.

Is the Bullitt Mustang 1/24? I haven't found one . . .

I could be very tempted by this group build.

Nick

• Like 1

I would be interested in joining this GB. I have a couple of Mustangs in the stash.

On 9/29/2020 at 10:22 PM, johnlambert said:

But it would mean buying yet another kit...

You make it sound like it is a bad thing... ;) 

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It would be good to get any car subject in the group build section, count me in :)

I haven't got a mustang kit, but I'm sure I can find one easily enough when the time is right  :)

Ian

• Like 2

What sort of timescale are we looking at for the build (sorry, haven't done a group build before)? No Mustangs in the stash, but the original Shelby (to go with the 2006 Hertz I did a while back) keeps getting close to being bought before something jumps ahead of it, so this could be the push I need.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm sad to say the Ford Mustang Single Type Group Build ended yesterday but I'm glad we had a good one, with sixteen of the original ponycars making it to the Gallery in time :thumbsup:. The poll for the "best in show" is now open. Why not take a look at them and vote for your favorite?

V-P

• Like 4