Another Mustang STGB - Ford Mustang! Chat

vppelt68

On 05/07/2021 at 20:24, vppelt68 said:

Time to look forward, by the way, all the way to the year 2022. The Ford Mustang is the first car model to have its own Single Type Group Build. Some days ago I began to think what next, as if the Mustang STGB goes well and there's enough interest for another with an automotive subject? The model - or model name, at least - should have been in production for at least a few decades, provoke interest in both car loving people and plastic model kit industry. A colourful and successful racing history wouldn't hurt either. I know, you're shouting "Camaro!". But wouldn't that be a bit too obvious subject right after the original pony car? In my opinion at least, yes it would. So what should we do in an emergency, in the USA at least (112 here in Finland)? Call 911! Jawohl!

On 05/07/2021 at 21:14, TimJ said:

The subject of the next possible car STGB is something I've been thinking about for a while too. As you say the Camaro is a bit of an obvious choice after the Mustang which is my I was thinking Corvettes as I've got about 20 of those in the stash. The 911 is a good choice though and I do have a couple, or three if you include 934s 

On 05/07/2021 at 21:34, TonyW said:

How about basing the GB on an engine? The Ford Flathead V8, or the Chevrolet small block for instance would be tight enough for a Single Type Group Build yet loose enough to really open up the car builds possible.

On 05/07/2021 at 22:38, diases said:

While looking for a model for this, I was surprised by the number of Skylines that are available. Or maybe we can get a manufacture company (i.e. ford, general motors) allowed as a STGB. I don't believe a car would ever get a standard GB, so this option would allow a more varied choice. But that would be up to the illustrious leaders, as requires a bending of the rules.

On 06/07/2021 at 11:15, dbostream said:

How about an all convertible GB?

On 06/07/2021 at 13:11, Six97s said:

I like that idea.

On 06/07/2021 at 14:13, TonyW said:

The V8 engine on its own as a title would open up a ton of other possibilities. We might get swamped by Bren Gun Carriers and Wellington Minesweepers though.

This is where we left the discussion of the next theme. Shall we continue, please? It wouldn't take place before 2023 anyway, so we have a year to make our minds up before the next year's Bunfight. Yes, single type group builds are nowadays subject to a vote, too :weep:V-P

• Like 2

I might not have finished my build (or even come remotely close to it), but it's been a really fun GB and great to see so many good looking models come out of it. Thanks for organising it all VP.

James

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not surprisingly I didn't finish in time. Not entirely my fault, bad/missing parts and a bad reaction to the 2nd dose of covid vaccine didn't help. Despite all this it was fun to take part in a group build and one day I will make it in time maybe next time?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 81-er said:

I might not have finished my build (or even come remotely close to it), but it's been a really fun GB and great to see so many good looking models come out of it. Thanks for organising it all VP.

James

It's actually Enzo Matrix who runs the circus, or herds the cats; I'm one of those who cause him, not solves his, problems :rofl2:.

A big hand 👏 to him again! V-P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It was fun doing this, and it pushed me into buying and building a model I'd been planning for a while but wasn't looking like getting around to so thanks for organising.

As for which one to pick for the poll, that was tricky. A very strong field with no duffers and so many good candidates that it was hard enough to whittle it down to three, let alone picking a winner. Apologies if we're not meant to say who we voted for, but for me there was sod all to choose between the two '60s cars and the Les Richey one - I must admit to being somewhat surprised that two of those haven't had a vote yet.

13 hours ago, Spiny said:

As for which one to pick for the poll, that was tricky.

Tell me about it - I haven't managed to make up my mind, so I haven't voted yet! Although, I believe, it will not get any easier by time either. V-P

16 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

It's actually Enzo Matrix who runs the circus, or herds the cats; I'm one of those who cause him, not solves his, problems :rofl2:.

A big hand 👏 to him again! V-P

My mistake. In that case, my thanks to Enzo for being our ringmaster

James

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This might be of interest to some of us here. Hoovie's definitely a fool with way too much money, but he's unearthed an original Hertz car that's been beautifully restored as a vintage racer. Hard to believe it's actually been raced hard since the restoration!

• Like 2