Another Mustang STGB - Ford Mustang! Chat

vppelt68

Wow. Last saturday I spotted a 2018 (?) Bullitt Mustang. Didn't even know those exist, but seeing a dark green Mustang with a plain grille I knew it had to be one, either a factory made  or a tastefully tuned one by someone. Found out it was indeed made by Henry's shop. Lovely looking car... must be a joy to drive too

• 1 month later...

All I'll say is I feel a lot of relief about my build progress when there is still only 1 entry in the gallery with 5 days to go.  At least we all seem to be in the same boat.  Fingers crossed everyone manages to get something in the gallery in time (myself included) :) 

• Like 1

I won't make it I can tell you that (what a surprise). This time it is not all my fault though. I still don't have a replacement for the missing/badly molded part. But it is not the only problem I have had...

Edited by dbostream
  • Sad 2

I'm terribly sorry, @Stef N. to rain on your parade, but our grand lord of group building has graciously accepted my request for a

:bounce: two week extension to 24.10.2021 :bounce:

to facilitate us fill the gallery with all sorts of and all coloured Ford Mustangs 🏇. Enzo Matrix will update the dates in the thread, thank you on behalf of all of us! V-P

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dbostream said:

I won't make it I can tell you that (what a surprise). This time it is not all my fault though. I still don't have a replacement for the missing/badly molded part. But it is not the only problem I have had...

How about it now that we got a two week extension?

12 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

How about it now that we got a two week extension?

How about two month? ;) If I can get the replacement part this week then it should be doable.

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Dammit, I was hoping to win the vote by default.😉

In all seriousness that is brilliant news @vppelt68. There are some fantastic builds ongoing and it would have been a shame if they ran out of time to get into the gallery. 👍👏

You'd probably still win, but I think I would have been in a position to at least stop you winning by default ;) I'm fully expecting to get mine finished this weekend barring any disasters.

But it will be good if the extra two weeks leads to a run of completions, I get the feeling 90 days has just been a bit too tight for car builds, particularly 90 days in summer.

• Like 1

Excellent news! Another fortnight to spend far too much time on bits that won't be seen whilst completely failing to finish the build 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Managed to get mine finished, I didn't see the extension but no matter,

I still have one other car GB on the bench, plus one car and 3 planes I want to do for GBs by the end of the year (I get the feeling I might be making life difficult for myself).

• Like 2

Oh that deadline extension is tempting!  But then again, I've still got another muscle car that needs to be built for the French Fancy GB (Renault 12 :winkgrin:).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds a bit worrying.

I've used Isopropanol alcohol on Tamiya paint with success. It can take a while for it to work , although if the paints fresh you might get lucky. It's easily found as it's used as a handwash or disinfectant. 

Good luck.

Tony.

• Thanks 1

I spent months waiting for this GB to start, and now it's nearly over. Life can be cruel.

A massive thank you to vppelt68 for running the show, it really has been a whole lot of modelling fun for me.

Here's a big show off shot of how much fun it's been...

20211024-170055.jpg

I could have happily built more, there's so many Mustangs to choose from. Six will have to do I guess. Two weeks ago I would have been happy with one completed, I kind of got out of synch with the GB. A recovery was made with the aid of the time extension though, so it all ended well.

During the GB I've got to grips with all kinds of different stuff, with varieing degrees of success. Building construction, with an attempt at the early Shelby office building by LAX, The devil that is photoetch and moulding clear plastic are both still defeating me, but I'm learning. New paint techniques have been tried and all kinds of photo ideas tried out. I've been kept busy, absorbed, informed and entertained from day one right up to this evening. Thank you everyone for making the GB something very special.

Let's do something similar again at some point.

Tony.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just voted but it was hard, as all builds were great.  Congrats to all who took part whether you finished or not.  This was a great GB, and extra thanks @vppelt68 for being a great host.  We need more car related GBs in the future :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1