Another Mustang STGB - Ford Mustang! Chat

vppelt68

Hi guys.

A quick question for anyone that's built a Revell Mustang.

Can you make up the body before fitting to the chassis/interior tub. it would be a lot easier for me to have it together to get a consistent effect. 

Instructions show the nose pieces and rear panel being fitted afterwards. Test fit of the chassis shows a tight fit, but might just work.

Any info, gratefully accepted.

Paul

28 minutes ago, diases said:

Hi guys.

Can you make up the body before fitting to the chassis/interior tub. it would be a lot easier for me to have it together to get a consistent effect. 

Instructions show the nose pieces and rear panel being fitted afterwards. Test fit of the chassis shows a tight fit, but might just work.

Paul

I hope so!! Mine's already built and painted :hungover:

32 minutes ago, diases said:

Hi guys.

Paul

@Six97s commented @johnlambert's Shelby build:

"It's 30-odd years ago, but I'm pretty sure you can fit both front and rear valances and still get the chassis in - tuck the rear in first and it should go."

V-P

• Like 1

Great day!  I just found out IndyCals offers decal replacements for both the IMSA Mustang & IMSA GTP Mustang.  Looks like I'll be ordering some decals this weekend.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

I'll probably have to start a thread shortly.  I pulled the kit out of the closet and spent a bit of time putzing around with it.  The lower chassis was pretty warped, so I've been spending a bit of time persuading it back into flattish shape.

• Like 3

I remember seeing decals for the Sandy Elliot's red+zebra striped 1968 Mustang Cobra Jet, but I can't remember who made them nor locate any for sale anywhere... at least without the decal printer's name I can't. Can anyone help me? V-P

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can get or has a set of Plamoz's '67 GT-500 wheels in 1/25? i was going to buy a set and now they don't make them. They are a night and day difference to the AMT ones. Also is it to late to join this group?

4 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Absolutely not, just hop in! V-P

ok, sign me up, I'll try to get something started soon. Planning on Jim Morrison's '67 Mustang, hence why I'm asking about wheels.

• Like 2

Wow

This one crept up on me 😮

Will hopefully join in at some point, but need to clear the bench of the less than a tenner Katana first to make space for another GB

Have got Tamiya GT4 waiting on the shelf, probably going to be OOB with kit decals in white as time is rapidly marching on

Nice to see some of the other builds romping along niceley

Ian

• Like 2

On 09/07/2021 at 23:54, vppelt68 said:

I have some very good experience from dealing with the Revell customer service, and I will probably write them an inquiry how much they'd ask for those parts, if they have them. 

Quoting myself is not that bad, actually, that´s reserved for voting one´s own build in the Gallery Poll :wicked:. Anyway, after cooling sufficiently I did write a polite request to Revell a few days ago, and they replied me surprisingly quickly: "Dear Sirs, we will send the part free of charge to your address." Now that´s class act from Revell again, and I´ll keep my fingers crossed until I open the replacement packet and see that I get all I've been missing so far. In the mean time, there´s the Cobra R I should continue with, and why not start assembling the 428 Cobra Jet engine too? V-P 

• Like 4

I built two car models in my teens (a '56 Chevy Bel Air coupe painted lime green is the one I remember) and then there was a 40 year gap until I built Tamiya's 1/48 Citroen as a civilian car for the Unarmed GB. I've popped my head round the door here a few times with no intention of joiining in because I don't have the first idea how to build and particularly paint cars. 

Mustangs though. Cooler than the tip of a penguin's beak and the latest ones are meatier than an elephant's leg and meaner than a junkyard dog. Kept looking at kits, then thinking "That's a lot of cash to sink into something you don't know how to get the best from". Until tonight...

Amazon are currently knocking out the Tamiya GT4 at £29.50 with free shipping. I took that as a sign, so I have on in the post. Just checked and while there are a couple of other builds of the same kit, neither is using the box top colour scheme so I will. Wish me luck, this will be a vertical learning curve so I'm going to need it in bucketloads. I'll start a build thread when it arrives.

Andy

Edited by Foxbat
  • Like 10

Go for it Andy. You're already well ahead of me in the Hellcat GB, you'll probably finish the Mustang before I finish mine as well lol

James

• Haha 1